Air quality improvement from plants

kevinjohnsonmbe

9 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Great feature on RHS Chelsea Flower show prog on BBC about air quality improvements in school with plants. 

Pretty basic stuff really but always good to have a reminder at times. 

What with air quality being such an on topic subject at the moment might have buy a few more...

Will go there and see if its true. Just for you. K

12 minutes ago, JAG63 said:

I had the impression during the feature that it was linked to a general recommendation for the home as well. To be fair, it's just the balance of O2 and CO2 that changes overnight with CO2 output no longer being offset and exceeded by O2 output.

I was only ½ watching / listening while cooking the roast. 

I did look at ‘air quality’ plants when the conservatory was done.  Going to refresh my memory and perhaps source some more. It’s a day room so not overly concerned about overnight. 

Going to look up those air quality monitors too. Just out of interest. 

Great feature on RHS Chelsea Flower show prog on BBC about air quality improvements in school with plants. 

Pretty basic stuff really but always good to have a reminder at times. 

What with air quality being such an on topic subject at the moment might have buy a few more...
Any particular types of plants? Presumably some are better at absorbing pollutants whilst others are better at producing oxygen etc etc.