Rhyanna96

Trying to get into the arb industry as a woman

8 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

I think there's a time and a place. Do you really feel the need to beat your chest and prove how manly you are to a new female member looking for advice by repeatedly stating how you'll carry on leering at females and farting all the time? Its uncalled for and creepy.

Yes, very welcoming, as long as they accept your leering. Im sure you see the irony here? 

Its also not a place for bullying or sexual harassment. You do know that, right? 

Im not sure you have many supporters here with your attitude. I think if anyone's comments where to be kept to themselves you might find yourself the prime candidate here. 

i say it like i see it with no window dressing to keep the revolting masses happy.

there was no intention nor even implication of beating chests or proving anything.

any women i employ are as welcome to leer at men as much as the men are welcome to leer at women, as long as its done without hanging out of the window and being noted.

equally any man who works for me is open to calling out another worker on any excessive leering or farting the same as any woman working for me would be.

i dont care if i have supporters here or not, none of you matter to how well i cut a tree down or how tidy my hedges are.

i am who i am, accept it or sod off, whatever youve got in your pants.

im actually a fully equal opportunities employer and person generally.

i genuinely dont give a tiny rats ass what your gender, ethnic origin, faith, or general beliefs are, as long as you do the job thats put in front of you and dont complicate life with unnecessary bitching.

neither do i care about the opinions of random people on the internet.

"Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape."

1 minute ago, manco said:

i genuinely dont give a tiny rats ass what your gender, ethnic origin, faith, or general beliefs are, as long as you do the job thats put in front of you and dont complicate life with unnecessary bitching.

As long as you can keep on being a disgusting individual who sexually prays on woman, Ok, got it. 

To be fair to the few arb girls that have worked for us they have all managed to hold their own on the intimidation front, not that they should have to but most of them can get the guys back inline pretty quickly.

Bob

• Thanks 1

Ladies, non gender specific individuals, men whatever you identify as. I think we all get the point and certain individuals have definitely showed their characters and I can only say that it speaks for itself, make your own opinion on it. Yes perhaps I should’ve named the post. “Starting in the industry”. Non gender specific. So it would’ve not started a non relevant argument/debate. 

let’s leave it there shall we.  

I hope everyone is enjoying their sunny weekend whether you’re working or just enjoying the weather!.

😊

• Like 2

Look for arboricultural association approved contractors in your area and approach them for employment , as they are supposed to be offering equal opportunity's to employees as part of there approved contractor status.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

Im baffled as to why you think that is appropriate. Not only is it uncomfortable for the woman in the street but its potentially uncomfortable for the women on your crew. 

Your fun? Good grief you're a dinosaur. A creep dinosaur one step away from a tribunal. Do you have children? I bloody hope not. 

No, so far you've just shown yourself to be a sexual predator  and quite an obnoxious individual to be around. Im sure the racism is there as well, you've just not had an opportunity to boast about that yet.

Im not looking, there's no need when you're thrusting it in our faces. Pun intended. 

Seriously, go find a rock and crawl back under it.  

im baffled as to why youre so bent out of shape by so much that doesnt affect you? are you an american?

as long as the woman in the street doesnt notice me looking why would she care? and if one of the crew female or male has an issue they can make their point as ive openly stated.

but you are making my point nicely, a woman in the crew being uncomfortable with any leering can give rise to some of the employers skipping female applicants to avoid hassle.

youre now moving into open insults not even thinly veiled implications which i think says more about you than about me leering.

i think highly likely if there was a tribunal it would be you in the hotseat given your recent open attacks on a random stranger, dread to think what sort of bully you may be in person, while still claiming to be the hero.

heres a little newsflash for you, I DONT CARE WHAT YOU THINK.

you dont matter to me.

all youve done is turn a thread about a lack of funding for certificates into abuse. think about that.

you took it upon yourself to openly harass someone for their difference of opinion which didnt affect you.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

As long as you can keep on being a disgusting individual who sexually prays on woman, Ok, got it. 

again, more openly offensive insults that werent needed.

now you accuse me of preying on women just because i fart in the truck and gawp at hot women in the street?

and you feel thats acceptable?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rhyanna96 said:

Depends what your thoughts are I guess. But no, I refer to that as “stealth mode” my partner usually does it. 🤣🤣🤣

I recently started wearing proper glasses. After being quite used to the ‘stealth mode’ you mention over the years, it’s easy to be lulled into a false sense of security when you can feel a glasses frame on your face 

• Haha 3

You sound keen, I think the lack of driving licence will be your sticking. I'm not in the trade but I think you are gong to have to find a company very local, bosses don't like messing about picking staff up each day. At least you've got the advantage of the tube in London, I suppose.

Good luck.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, aspenarb said:

To be fair to the few arb girls that have worked for us they have all managed to hold their own on the intimidation front, not that they should have to but most of them can get the guys back inline pretty quickly.

Bob

nobody should be suffering any intimidation in the workplace (beyond a little mild piss-taking in good nature) regardless of gender.

gender should not be an issue at all. the more that people focus on it the more it becomes an issue.

• Like 1