Rhyanna96

Trying to get into the arb industry as a woman

1 minute ago, Rhyanna96 said:

I have actually found a company who is willing to put me through all of the tickets needed whilst I learn. I’m not seeing myself as defenceless, I have just said I’m having a hard time trying to get into the industry.

The implication being that you are having a hard time because you are a woman. I'd say not driving is going to be one of your biggest problems. 

The very fact that you thought there might be grants or charitable help available would also put me off. The best staff I had (male and female) all came from different industries but had got themselves through a few basic tickets before looking for a job (using money they had saved). 

Anyway, best of luck, it's a great industry you are entering; not that you'd know it from this forum, but actually most of the idiots on here aren't arbs anyway. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Rhyanna96 said:

Is this still going 🤔. Quite the kerfuffle

Yes ! Now look what you dun 😁

• Like 1

Just now, Stubby said:

Yes ! Now look what you dun 😁

1 minute ago, Retired Climber said:

The implication being that you are having a hard time because you are a woman. I'd say not driving is going to be one of your biggest problems. 

The very fact that you thought there might be grants or charitable help available would also put me off. The best staff I had (male and female) all came from different industries but had got themselves through a few basic tickets before looking for a job (using money they had saved). 

Anyway, best of luck, it's a great industry you are entering; not that you'd know it from this forum, but actually most of the idiots on here aren't arbs anyway. 

I grew up around the industry (mostly forestry) so I can figure good tradesman out 😅. I find people on here quite bemusing to be honest 

11 minutes ago, Rhyanna96 said:

Or LOLER? 🤣

I see what you did there bud 👍

• Like 1

What a thread...

There are women in arb...series of articles in essential arb magazine...https://www.forestryjournal.co.uk/essential-arb/ worth a look...

Ignoring all the crap....the question is how do you fund and train to get to where you want to be from where you are now ?  There are a number of 4-6 week block courses that will get you the tickets to be on the tools...but need a few quid...

I've jumped careers before, its never easy...

Can I ask what you do at present ?

What's wrong with seeking grants and help with education? If they are there then why not use them. In your day all Higher education was free. There is plenty of government policies in place to help people better themselves.
There is plenty of things like the leader fund to help an companies imorove their equipment and plant so they can generate more employment. I really see no issues with exploring these avenues.
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rhyanna96 said:

I grew up around the industry (mostly forestry) so I can figure good tradesman out 😅. I find people on here quite bemusing to be honest 

Forestry can be a snot gobbling job . If you have endured that I would give you a start no danger .  Sadly I am an old git and retired . I wish you luck in your endeavors . Give SamanthaSunny a PM . 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Rhyanna96 said:

I find people on here quite bemusing to be honest 

Rule of thumb I generally use, if someone’s not prepared to put their real name to their post they’re probably not worth worrying about  

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Steve Bullman said:

Rule of thumb I generally use, if someone’s not prepared to put their real name to their post they’re probably not worth worrying about  

Yes , but are you really Steve Bullman ....🙂

• Like 4
  • Haha 1