Chainsaw storage solution ideas please!

SteveT1989

45 minutes ago, Dbikeguy said:

Yup but how many criminals take that kit? most take oxy/acy bottles or a stone saw… that setup massively slows both of them.
It’s only storing chainsaws not the crown jewels! Taking reasonable precautions keeps the insurers happy. Tick all their boxes in writing too and then you get a pay out. If someone wants it they will find a way to get it.
Our security is to stop the chancers and semi prepared ones. Insurance stops the pros

Bang on,if they want it they will get it somehow,my 4 locks on my container were all covered in a white powder stuff like they had been froze to make em brittle 

19 minutes ago, Stere said:

I like the idea of secret hidden storage area rather than physical strong boxes etc would require some ingenuity of design though..

Modified coal bunker - the long coffin shaped ones with a big lid. Secondary lid inside with a thin layer of coal on top, glued together, so it looks full of coal.

Big dog kennel with a latchable solid door, no lock, water bowl outside and a massive fence post with a heavy chain and enormous collar hanging off it.

Fake bush - plastic pig shelter pod, on a concrete base, hinged on one side at the floor, covered in cammo netting and natural foliage, maybe some live ivy. Lifts up just like a bowl.

Municipal outdoor electric roadside cupboard (lockable) with danger high voltage stickers on it.

4 hours ago, Dbikeguy said:

Yup but how many criminals take that kit? most take oxy/acy bottles or a stone saw… that setup massively slows both of them.
It’s only storing chainsaws not the crown jewels! Taking reasonable precautions keeps the insurers happy. Tick all their boxes in writing too and then you get a pay out. If someone wants it they will find a way to get it.
Our security is to stop the chancers and semi prepared ones. Insurance stops the pros

A sabre saw is also called a reciprocating saw very common 18 v tool made by all the tool manufacturers and carried by many thieves. Far smaller than disc cutter or bottles quiet and cuts most materials a disc cutter won’t including multilayers

33 minutes ago, Stubby said:

Is MAP gas like acetylene  ?

It’s a fuel gas, a blend of propane and something else I think. Plumbers use it in a blowtorch for brazing as it burns hotter than butane. I have it in my blowtorches and I think you can buy big bottles of it, although I use oxy propane for workshop heating and cutting.

I’d guess that set has mapp gas as it’s safer than acetylene yet can produce a neutral flame for welding 

Edited by doobin

5 minutes ago, doobin said:

It’s a fuel gas, a blend of propane and something else I think. Plumbers use it in a blowtorch for brazing as it burns hotter than butane. I have it in my blowtorches and I think you can buy big bottles of it, although I use oxy propane for workshop heating and cutting.

I’d guess that set has mapp gas as it’s safer than acetylene yet can produce a neutral flame for welding 

Yes I have MAP gas blow torch with the yellow bottles . ( mostly used now for a quick blast in the log burner ).  Acetylene , I have found to be very smutty ( back smoke ) untill you introduce the 02 .

Edited by Stubby
  • Like 1

Just now, Stubby said:

Yes I have MAP gas blow torch with the yellow bottles . ( mostly used now for a quick blast in the log burner ).  Acetylene , I have found to be very smutty ( back smoke ) untill you introduce the 02 .

That’s mostly what I use my blowtorch for too 🤣

• Like 2