Chainsaw storage solution ideas please!

SteveT1989

18 minutes ago, dumper said:

Dog is good but steak and over counter medicine defeat them

you cannot stop theft what you can do is make them make noise and take time,   Gates and padlocks have been surpassed by the battery angle grinder

That's the difference between a properly trained protection dog and a family pet that barks at strangers. A properly trained dog won't take the bait.

I'd be more worried about a fatal attack on the dog by knife, taser etc. In which case you're dealing with serious criminals and a gun may have to be deployed as a self defence measure. To be honest, if they are willing to harm the dog, they probably wouldn't think twice about harming people either and they will be no loss to society.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, Conor Wright said:

That's the difference between a properly trained protection dog and a family pet that barks at strangers. A properly trained dog won't take the bait.

I'd be more worried about a fatal attack on the dog by knife, taser etc. In which case you're dealing with serious criminals and a gun may have to be deployed as a self defence measure. To be honest, if they are willing to harm the dog, they probably wouldn't think twice about harming people either and they will be no loss to society.

And that’s where insurance comes in just let them take it 

I’ve worked a lot with trained military guard dogs even they are not infallible and the problems really start when they misbehave on a innocent person 

5 minutes ago, dumper said:

just let them take it 

No.

If I didn't see or hear anything then so be it, there's nothing that can be done.

but I couldn't sit at home watching some c3nt taking what I've worked hard for (maybe that has something to do with it, all my kit is bought up front, maybe hp or leased gear is seen as more disposable) and not do something about it. 

• Like 6

Unfortunately the police seem to be more concerned about persuing "non-crime hate incidents" nowadays than tackling actual crimes. My shed was broken into about eight years ago and the police eventually visited three days later. If it were to happen now, I doubt they'd even bother coming out.

It would be a faff, but can you bring the saws/most valuable items into the house at night?
Otherwise, multiple layers of discrete security is about the best you can do - if they want your stuff you can't really stop them. Wired alarm system, sirens, flood lights, door blocked with van at night, windows bricked up/covered with bars, tools locked in secure cabinets etc.

If they are professional thieves (i.e not oportunistic addicts looking for a easy target) then they'd likely be armed and willing to use violence. I haven't been broken into since moving here six years ago, but if it happens and I manage to chase them off, I'd be concerned of them coming back at a later time for retribution.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Conor Wright said:

No.

If I didn't see or hear anything then so be it, there's nothing that can be done.

but I couldn't sit at home watching some c3nt taking what I've worked hard for (maybe that has something to do with it, all my kit is bought up front, maybe hp or leased gear is seen as more disposable) and not do something about it. 

I don’t disagree however if they have the nous and ability to defeat your guard systems and your dog they probably won’t be alone or worry about giving you a tap and remember they know where you live no tools are worth your life or health

1 hour ago, dumper said:

Dog is good but steak and over counter medicine defeat them

you cannot stop theft what you can do is make them make noise and take time,   Gates and padlocks have been surpassed by the battery angle grinder

I agree, petrol disk cutter is what they used on my stuff. The wooden door inside the container slowed them down as it made a smoke screen as they tried to cut the locks off it. I didn't know that they could do this but the dogs can be trained to only take food including meat from its master. But nothing stops darts or a gun.

1 hour ago, Mick Dempsey said:

My mate over here invested in trained guard dogs, they won’t eat a thing that a stranger gives them, none of his family were allowed to play with them except him, and they got refresher training from the supplier every few months.

German shepherds, brother and sister.

On simulated break ins the male would bark and try to attack the intruder as they scaled the fence, the female would hide herself nearby, she wanted you to get in so she could get you.

This sounds similar. I didn't want a guard dog as I wouldn't want it harmed so went for a protection dog that is trained and comes out with me as back up. As they live in the house with you they get more attached to you too.  I wouldn't want to send him even though he has a command. just there to protect us and help the wife sleep at night. Its amazing what they can be trained to do. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Simia said:

I have been going full time on my own from about 2 weeks before the first lock down. It was tough especially investing in so much gear when times were uncertain. luckily I got some brilliant deals as everyone was panicking, I calculated the risks and it paid off. My yard is out of my back door with a couple of containers, wirelessly alarmed with a Yale system and Arlo cameras in the trees covering all areas. At 2.30am and having jammed my cameras I woke up after thinking I heard the padlock on one of the containers. 3 ******s were right outside my house having a go. Not sure if it was what I was carrying or being naked in my wellies, but luckily they ran. 

I knew that they would be back and better prepared so I spent all my spare money getting more fencing, lock ups, wire and infra red beams that ping to a box in my room when broken. Waited and waited and although I had a funny suspicion people were keeping an I on us we didn't have any attempts yet. The first evening we were out past 10pm they jammed the cameras and with a disk cutter started cutting in (must have been watching the whole time). In laws live about 50m away and were sitting watching T.V. when they heard it. In the 10minutes until the police came they had cut through everything and cleared all the small things. Even my nail gun and Estwing hammer, thousands of pounds just like that. 

Organised criminals cut through 3 military/council gates and drove into the field at the back of the yard. Police nearly got ran over as they escaped and they still didn't chase. They dont care about noise or people. You just need to slow them down and make it as tricky as possible for them. I spent thousands and none of it helped. 

Got myself a lovely protection dog a Czech bloodline Shepherd. They came back at 1.30am for the third time hoping that I had re-stocked gear. I have never heard people scream dog and run as fast before, even wheel spun away. This was 3 months ago and I haven't been woken since. 

Meet Bear. He is such a good family pet but when he needs to work its scary and by far the best deterrent.  

491e0e9c-716c-4ce6-9f0c-cc3b4534fb3f.JPG.86d5bd2b5ed65ef9c1372239f1b4d5ea.JPG7017D18D-7606-405A-B2DF-EE9C81826A43_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.2bbbe020ed63f6f2755d76e7ce1d2fdb.jpeg1d956a47-d351-42ac-a960-b457bb50518a.JPG.c682af754da199f301e47d2292704602.JPG

Exactly what i say, best lock, you can get, and noisy, what is the most important, but i want to say, if you dont love dogs, dont get it. By the way nice looking Boy, good working blood. 

• Thanks 1