Chainsaw storage solution ideas please!

SteveT1989

13 minutes ago, Rough Hewn said:

Can you deliver to any British port?
I’d pay your costs.
emoji848.png

There are age restrictions this side regarding the transport of dogs, rightly so in my opinion. Also I would have to meet you in person to

sort out paperwork. That said, I'm not saying no! I do think it would be easier for you to get one closer to home unfortunately. 

They are great dogs, one is already gone to be trained as a cadaver dog, hoping another makes the grade as a conflict resolution/ crowd control dog too. 

Pm me if you want to chat more, I've somewhat derailed the thread. Apologies.

• Like 2

I have been going full time on my own from about 2 weeks before the first lock down. It was tough especially investing in so much gear when times were uncertain. luckily I got some brilliant deals as everyone was panicking, I calculated the risks and it paid off. My yard is out of my back door with a couple of containers, wirelessly alarmed with a Yale system and Arlo cameras in the trees covering all areas. At 2.30am and having jammed my cameras I woke up after thinking I heard the padlock on one of the containers. 3 ******s were right outside my house having a go. Not sure if it was what I was carrying or being naked in my wellies, but luckily they ran. 

I knew that they would be back and better prepared so I spent all my spare money getting more fencing, lock ups, wire and infra red beams that ping to a box in my room when broken. Waited and waited and although I had a funny suspicion people were keeping an I on us we didn't have any attempts yet. The first evening we were out past 10pm they jammed the cameras and with a disk cutter started cutting in (must have been watching the whole time). In laws live about 50m away and were sitting watching T.V. when they heard it. In the 10minutes until the police came they had cut through everything and cleared all the small things. Even my nail gun and Estwing hammer, thousands of pounds just like that. 

Organised criminals cut through 3 military/council gates and drove into the field at the back of the yard. Police nearly got ran over as they escaped and they still didn't chase. They dont care about noise or people. You just need to slow them down and make it as tricky as possible for them. I spent thousands and none of it helped. 

Got myself a lovely protection dog a Czech bloodline Shepherd. They came back at 1.30am for the third time hoping that I had re-stocked gear. I have never heard people scream dog and run as fast before, even wheel spun away. This was 3 months ago and I haven't been woken since. 

Meet Bear. He is such a good family pet but when he needs to work its scary and by far the best deterrent.  

491e0e9c-716c-4ce6-9f0c-cc3b4534fb3f.JPG.86d5bd2b5ed65ef9c1372239f1b4d5ea.JPG7017D18D-7606-405A-B2DF-EE9C81826A43_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.2bbbe020ed63f6f2755d76e7ce1d2fdb.jpeg1d956a47-d351-42ac-a960-b457bb50518a.JPG.c682af754da199f301e47d2292704602.JPG

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Simia said:

I have been going full time on my own from about 2 weeks before the first lock down. It was tough especially investing in so much gear when times were uncertain. luckily I got some brilliant deals as everyone was panicking, I calculated the risks and it paid off. My yard is out of my back door with a couple of containers, wirelessly alarmed with a Yale system and Arlo cameras in the trees covering all areas. At 2.30am and having jammed my cameras I woke up after thinking I heard the padlock on one of the containers. 3 ******s were right outside my house having a go. Not sure if it was what I was carrying or being naked in my wellies, but luckily they ran. 

I knew that they would be back and better prepared so I spent all my spare money getting more fencing, lock ups, wire and infra red beams that ping to a box in my room when broken. Waited and waited and although I had a funny suspicion people were keeping an I on us we didn't have any attempts yet. The first evening we were out past 10pm they jammed the cameras and with a disk cutter started cutting in (must have been watching the whole time). In laws live about 50m away and were sitting watching T.V. when they heard it. In the 10minutes until the police came they had cut through everything and cleared all the small things. Even my nail gun and Estwing hammer, thousands of pounds just like that. 

Organised criminals cut through 3 military/council gates and drove into the field at the back of the yard. Police nearly got ran over as they escaped and they still didn't chase. They dont care about noise or people. You just need to slow them down and make it as tricky as possible for them. I spent thousands and none of it helped. 

Got myself a lovely protection dog a Czech bloodline Shepherd. They came back at 1.30am for the third time hoping that I had re-stocked gear. I have never heard people scream dog and run as fast before, even wheel spun away. This was 3 months ago and I haven't been woken since. 

Meet Bear. He is such a good family pet but when he needs to work its scary and by far the best deterrent.  

491e0e9c-716c-4ce6-9f0c-cc3b4534fb3f.JPG.86d5bd2b5ed65ef9c1372239f1b4d5ea.JPG7017D18D-7606-405A-B2DF-EE9C81826A43_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.2bbbe020ed63f6f2755d76e7ce1d2fdb.jpeg1d956a47-d351-42ac-a960-b457bb50518a.JPG.c682af754da199f301e47d2292704602.JPG

Dog is good but steak and over counter medicine defeat them

you cannot stop theft what you can do is make them make noise and take time,   Gates and padlocks have been surpassed by the battery angle grinder

Just now, dumper said:

you cannot stop theft what you can do is make them make noise and take time,   Gates and padlocks have been surpassed by the battery angle grinder

To be honest I would not risk harm to a dog of mine . If a scum bag wants it bad enough no matter how " scary " the dog is they would do it harm/kil it to get what they want . I agree multi layers , cameras ifra red yada yada yada is the way to go but the OP did not want that faf . Its why I said sleep there .

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, dumper said:

My mate over here invested in trained guard dogs, they won’t eat a thing that a stranger gives them, none of his family were allowed to play with them except him, and they got refresher training from the supplier every few months.

German shepherds, brother and sister.

On simulated break ins the male would bark and try to attack the intruder as they scaled the fence, the female would hide herself nearby, she wanted you to get in so she could get you.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1