Chainsaw storage solution ideas please!

SteveT1989

Hello everyone,

I've recently started up my own business and after my second year draws to a close I'm in a position financially to improve my workshop (Knocking the old one down and building a better one!) 😅

I'm going to be using an up and over garage door with 4 point locking as my main security measure, will look at CCTV as and when.

Maybe I'm paranoid but I would really like any ideas on how I can lock up all my chainsaws in a secure but efficient way that isn't too long winded to get to every morning! I've looked up combinations of " Heavy duty Storage box/cupboards etc" but get nothing better than an office cupboard with a little keylock that would take 5 seconds to bypass...

I realise that if I ever got done over, that if someone wants to get in, they will anyway, but I still don't want to hand it over on silver platter!

Basically, I'd like to see what other people do with their set ups and see if I can get some ideas together.

Would really appreciate any input from you guys

Thanks

Steve   

4 hours ago, SteveT1989 said:

Hello everyone,

I've recently started up my own business and after my second year draws to a close I'm in a position financially to improve my workshop (Knocking the old one down and building a better one!) 😅

I'm going to be using an up and over garage door with 4 point locking as my main security measure, will look at CCTV as and when.

Maybe I'm paranoid but I would really like any ideas on how I can lock up all my chainsaws in a secure but efficient way that isn't too long winded to get to every morning! I've looked up combinations of " Heavy duty Storage box/cupboards etc" but get nothing better than an office cupboard with a little keylock that would take 5 seconds to bypass...

I realise that if I ever got done over, that if someone wants to get in, they will anyway, but I still don't want to hand it over on silver platter!

Basically, I'd like to see what other people do with their set ups and see if I can get some ideas together.

Would really appreciate any input from you guys

Thanks

Steve   

Its a tricky one . Once you put a big lock on something it tells Mr tea leaf there is something worth stealing in there . It needs " layers " but then that gives you the faf you are trying to avoid . The alerts to your phone via a go pro or similar are good . At the moment put a bed in there and sleep there .

• Like 4

Try these guy’s- they make a good range of safes

CLEVELAND-SITESAFE.CO.UK

Workbenches - Tool and Equipment Stores - Products : Cleveland Sitesafe, Modular Buildings, Storage Units...

The better wireless house alarm systems will reach the garage, I've a couple of motion sensors in there.

Mine are also in an Armorguard box which is bolted down to the floor from inside.

The guy who fitted my steel roller shutters reckons they are much better than up and over doors. One of his customers sells motorcycles, once he fittted these shutter to doors and windows the thieves resorted to making a hole in the wall.

52 minutes ago, Dan Maynard said:

The better wireless house alarm systems will reach the garage, I've a couple of motion sensors in there.

Mine are also in an Armorguard box which is bolted down to the floor from inside.

The guy who fitted my steel roller shutters reckons they are much better than up and over doors. One of his customers sells motorcycles, once he fittted these shutter to doors and windows the thieves resorted to making a hole in the wall.

There is a very very quick method of defeating roller shutter doors they are not as secure as a hinged door and only slightly better than a up and over 

to secure saws a van lock box with two internal locks bolted to the floor is probably as good as anything if the saw is too long cut a slot in the box 

4 hours ago, Stubby said:

Its a tricky one . Once you put a big lock on something it tells Mr tea leaf there is something worth stealing in there . It needs " layers " but then that gives you the faf you are trying to avoid . The alerts to your phone via a go pro or similar are good . At the moment put a bed in there and sleep there .

Agree about locks,its a dead cert there,s something in there worth having,i got my new shipping container a couple years ago and bingo lost all the saws last September.Years ago i always left em on the jobs hidden under a bit of undergrowth and never had any go missing

• Like 1

There is a very very quick method of defeating roller shutter doors they are not as secure as a hinged door and only slightly better than a up and over 
to secure saws a van lock box with two internal locks bolted to the floor is probably as good as anything if the saw is too long cut a slot in the box 
If you mean drive through then yes, I meant as a secondary layer on the outside of bars or similar to stop that happening.

I did hear a story of someone who has his roller shutter rammed a couple of time and got fed up, "happened" to park his forklift just inside it one night, never got rammed again...