Trailer towing

Ratman

1 hour ago, muttley9050 said:
4 hours ago, Justme said:
Hoping to pass is a sure fire way to fail.

You need to STUDY HARD

ITS NOT LIKE THE CAR TEST

Of course ill be studying. Apart from the 30th November the only other option was tomorrow, thought that might be pushing it though. Any good resources you can recommend?

We package up a 6 month online training course / app with one attempt at each test.

You can buy the same course direct but for a shorter time to save a little money.

• Like 1

I’ve been able to drive a tractor and tow a 14ton trailer on a standard license from 18 years old yet had to to take this trailer license to pull a 1 ton chipper…madness.
about time sense was seen..
Having this same conversation with a mate the other day. He regularly drives tractor and botek piled with logs. No training. Can't tow anything behind his pick up though. Crazy System.

1 hour ago, Dillinger86 said:

I’ve been able to drive a tractor and tow a 14ton trailer on a standard license from 18 years old yet had to to take this trailer license to pull a 1 ton chipper…madness.

about time sense was seen..

Just because they have stupid rules for farmers doesn't mean it makes sense to get rid of sensible rules for towing.

The sensible thing to do would have been to have a training for tractor driving. Kids driving tractors and trailers is frankly scary..

• Like 2

8 hours ago, benedmonds said:

Just because they have stupid rules for farmers doesn't mean it makes sense to get rid of sensible rules for towing.

The sensible thing to do would have been to have a training for tractor driving. Kids driving tractors and trailers is frankly scary..

Have you the accident statistics to back that up, how dangerous, or more correctly, how accident causing, the young agricultural drivers are I mean.

Anyway the various insurers will have the statistics based on their liabilty, and the fact that they have not incited the Government to bring in harsher agricultural regulations, simply means there is no need to address this non exstent issue, however anomalous it may appear to be.

Again.

Follow the money. 

Edited by difflock
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, benedmonds said:

Wholeheartedly agree. 

I completely agree that's the stand I meant to imply. Not scrap training for all. I've done my b+e and am slightly annoyed and concernedthat they are scrapping it.
Trouble is it's not just farmers. Anyone who wants to use a tractor. Farmers, forestry, firewood,
My mate does firewood and he drives allover to buy /fell standing firewood. Not just on the roads around the farm which I think is where the rules originate.

I completely agree that's the stand I meant to imply. Not scrap training for all. I've done my b+e and am slightly annoyed and concernedthat they are scrapping it.
Trouble is it's not just farmers. Anyone who wants to use a tractor. Farmers, forestry, firewood,
My mate does firewood and he drives allover to buy /fell standing firewood. Not just on the roads around the farm which I think is where the rules originate.

The whole licensing system is a shambolic mess.
There are dozens of exemptions for forestry and arboculture but aren’t used because it’s all so confusing and contradictory.
I’ve had a dozen different answers from a dozen different people.
Even the police dvla and vosa don’t know the laws regarding…
🤷🏽‍♂️🤷🏽‍♂️🤷🏽‍♂️
  • Like 1

After spending 20 years towing a sub 750kg chipper and reversing off all manor off roads and in to tight drives and driving tractors with forwarding trailers loaded through thinned woods and narrow country lanes I'm pretty sure I don't need to take a test to tow a trailer like most of us ... any one who disagrees Is feeling butt hurt about spending the money or already had it on there licence and that the advantage had helped them make money over competitors ... now it's a level playing Feild.

• Like 5