Trailer towing

Ratman

On 11/09/2021 at 08:40, aspenarb said:

Thats the way forward, I would like to see something fast track in the way of  7.5 tonner training. Current hgv training is a week in the cab and north of £1800 plus the associated loss of earnings. The 7.5 tonners are not much bigger than a transit and I cant see why there shouldn't be a concession to full training. I just put my nipper through his class 2 and cant get him in for the class one until the end of the year, most of the trainers are fully booked.

Bob

C1 two days inc test £700

So I've been looking into doing my c1 over the last few days. Purely for opening options for camper van conversion.
Spoke to a local company yesterday to check process. Previous to speaking to them i went on the dvla website to check my provisional entitlement. After putting in my details and going to the check what vehicles you can drive section, it clearly says that I have provisional entitlement for c1.
However when I spoke to the local company they said if you have provisional entitlement then you just need to book a lgv theory.
But when i try to book a theory it says I'm not entitled to book any Theories.
I intend to try to call dvla tomorrow but wondered if you have come across this before and what you knew about it.
I gained my provisional in 94
Full bike licence in 95
Full car licence in 98.
Didn't exoect to have provisional c1 but clearly states I have
So I checked my girlfriends entitlement who didn't apply for provisional until 98 and full car licence in 99. She doesn't have it on the website.
Im basically wondering if I kept my provisional entitlement from 95. If so why can't I book a theory?
Thoughts anybody?
Cheers
James

17 hours ago, muttley9050 said:

So I've been looking into doing my c1 over the last few days. Purely for opening options for camper van conversion.
Spoke to a local company yesterday to check process. Previous to speaking to them i went on the dvla website to check my provisional entitlement. After putting in my details and going to the check what vehicles you can drive section, it clearly says that I have provisional entitlement for c1.
However when I spoke to the local company they said if you have provisional entitlement then you just need to book a lgv theory.
I intend to try to call dvla tomorrow but wondered if you have come across this before and what you knew about it.
Full bike licence in 95
Full car licence in 98.
So I checked my girlfriends entitlement who didn't apply for provisional until 98 and full car licence in 99. She doesn't have it on the website.
Im basically wondering if I kept my provisional entitlement from 95. If so why can't I book a theory?
Thoughts anybody?
Cheers
James

The dvla don’t have a clue what you have a very good friend of mine applied for his provisional licence in 85 got sent back a full driving licence, he moved house last year sent licence back for name change got sent back just a car licence  had to send photo copy of licence to get rest of entitlement 

Update on previous.

45 mins on hold to dvla. To be told if it says on their website I have provisional c1 then I do. But I would need to call dvsa to find out why I can't book theories.

55 mins on hold to dvsa I got a nice lady called dawn. Very helpful, but not very knowledgeable on the subject of her employ.

She told me i probably can't book the theory as I need to book a cpc first. I asked her what cpc stood for and why I needed one. She didn't know. I told her I was under the impression I didn't need one as I only want a c1 to drive a camper van. Again she didn't know.

I said I wanted to book the multiple choice theory and the hazard perception theory and was sure I didn't need a cpc.

She said she could ask her supervisor if she could disable the block on me booking it. Supervisor said she could. This doesn't unlock online booking, only booking over thee phone.

So i booked the two tests over the phone. 30th November was the soonest,

Going to my second closest test centre.

Hopefully I'll pass it or I will need to deal with the dvsa on the phone again to book another. She was a lovely lady though. Total length of phone call. 1 hour 40 mins.

Anyone done lgv theories lately and have any tips?

18 hours ago, muttley9050 said:

Full bike licence in 95
Full car licence in 98.
Thoughts anybody?
Cheers
James

If you have a pre 97 C1 provisional you have to phone to book.

32 minutes ago, muttley9050 said:

Update on previous.

45 mins on hold to dvla. To be told if it says on their website I have provisional c1 then I do. But I would need to call dvsa to find out why I can't book theories.

55 mins on hold to dvsa I got a nice lady called dawn. Very helpful, but not very knowledgeable on the subject of her employ.

She told me i probably can't book the theory as I need to book a cpc first. I asked her what cpc stood for and why I needed one. She didn't know. I told her I was under the impression I didn't need one as I only want a c1 to drive a camper van. Again she didn't know.

I said I wanted to book the multiple choice theory and the hazard perception theory and was sure I didn't need a cpc.

She said she could ask her supervisor if she could disable the block on me booking it. Supervisor said she could. This doesn't unlock online booking, only booking over thee phone.

So i booked the two tests over the phone. 30th November was the soonest,

Going to my second closest test centre.

Hopefully I'll pass it or I will need to deal with the dvsa on the phone again to book another. She was a lovely lady though. Total length of phone call. 1 hour 40 mins.

Anyone done lgv theories lately and have any tips?

Hoping to pass is a sure fire way to fail.

You need to STUDY HARD

ITS NOT LIKE THE CAR TEST