Future Firewood Demand Optimism?

Billhook

So my energy supplier, green, folded last week as did avro, and a few more are teetering I believe.  The difference between the deal I was on and the price cap could mean about a 50% price increase.  I hadn't realised it was quite so large.  That makes wood heat comparable in cost I reckon.  Perhaps demand will increase.

34 minutes ago, neiln said:

So my energy supplier, green, folded last week as did avro, and a few more are teetering I believe.  The difference between the deal I was on and the price cap could mean about a 50% price increase.  I hadn't realised it was quite so large.  That makes wood heat comparable in cost I reckon.  Perhaps demand will increase.

Martin Lewis says the price cap is currently below wholesale prices and is bound to rise in April. Also no fixed deals are available at less than the cap, so yes my fixed price in March will end and a big jump.

Yep, I got an email from mse as I use their automated service to inform me if a better deal is available, so they knew my supplier has folded.  Email said, don't bother looking, you are going to the price cap and that's all there is.

Oh well, 30 cube of wood ready in the garden which has basically just gone up in value considerably. ....so when the wife moans if I say I need to collect more/run the chainsaw/swing the axe, I have more ammunition to argue why it's important I do it :)

• Like 3

On 25/09/2021 at 12:29, Rough Hewn said:

Might just leave it outside my local petrol station log box, photo it and send it to the daily mail….🤣emoji6.pngemoji106.png

This is what we need, the great British public to start panic buying firewood.

queues five miles long outside my yard!

After all it is only the same as the haulage boss who put out the rumour of petrol shortages just to raise the wage of HGV drivers

• Like 1

This is what we need, the great British public to start panic buying firewood.
queues five miles long outside my yard!
After all it is only the same as the haulage boss who put out the rumour of petrol shortages just to raise the wage of HGV drivers

No mate can’t see it…
However I have heard from a very good source that there’s going to be a huge shortage of really big fresh cut British hardwoods…
So no need to panic buy…
There’s plenty to go round…
But hurry before someone else who is panic buying buys them…
[emoji848][emoji848][emoji848][emoji6][emoji106]
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Rough Hewn said:

No mate can’t see it…
However I have heard from a very good source that there’s going to be a huge shortage of really big fresh cut British hardwoods…
So no need to panic buy…
There’s plenty to go round…
But hurry before someone else who is panic buying buys them…
emoji848.pngemoji848.pngemoji848.pngemoji6.pngemoji106.png

Shame because I was also looking forward to making a fortune on my youtube channel of videos of people having punchups for jumping the queue!

• Like 1

slightly off thread, at night when we don't need as much electricity, make all the north see wind farm produce hydrogen, by electrolysis, pump it into the natural gas field for storage, change the jets in the gas generators, not quite that simple I know, but i like the idea.

• Like 3