Red diesel availability?

PeteB

11 minutes ago, swinny said:

My own personal. All jobs are to clear and leave site tidy. Not hauling for anyone

Then that's white diesel IMO (humble) same as for hire/reward.

Because I leave logs on site and get a truck to collect I use red.

I could be wrong thats why I ask

And obvsly if new changes coming then ... well, ????????

8 minutes ago, Sutton said:

Then that's white diesel IMO (humble) same as for hire/reward.

Because I leave logs on site and get a truck to collect I use red.

I could be wrong thats why I ask

And obvsly if new changes coming then ... well, ????????

In all fairness I'm not taking it somewhere to sell straight on etc or from that specific journey.... no profit is made from said journey it is just clearing a site of said timber so then invoice can get put in. I dont even care for the timber but if it's not gone no job. 

Better for me to do it as a qualified person than a farmer.

This is materials / wood / Virgin chip of which I have a waste carrier's license for. It is taken back to yard to be stored .  Timber is in lengths and not rings asin processed for anything. If this doesn't fall under agri and forestry I'll platt sawdust.

The ea even give an exemption for storing said woodchip and timber on agricultural land. 

So the arriving if you will are being removed from one farm / agricultural place to another farm within a 15mile radius..... 

I'm still saying red for me. 

I'm not carting shit off domestics in dump trailers or any of that carry on. 

Swinny I think it’s Red diesel for you too, and certainly yours seems a straightforward example of Tractors doing Forestry.

I wouldn’t however be surprised at all to be proven absolutely wrong by the next post.

Doobin hit the nail on the head a long way back, we need a test case (probably several high profile ones) or better still a proper review of the whole lot!

Let’s face it the rules are from when Tractors had the same horsepower as the average modern Fendt starter motor!!

• Like 1

Is no one of the opinion that at the end of the day we should be classified by the government and allowed to run on red diesel?

At the end of the day, trees are part of the landscape in towns, cities and the country side. They all need maintenance to be kept in safe condition. Forests need thinning and felling for production of timber etc. We are a necessity of an industry in my opinion. 

Trees are a big part of our life and to exist and we need to be here to maintain them. 

Surely we should be addressed by the government etc.... 

It's same bollox if you want to put up a building at your yard.... what are you classified as? 

Why doesn't the un appointed Arb Association have a look into this classification? Or too busy buggeringnus up with more rules and ropes... ffs. 

This industry is hard enough as it is.... 

Country's ****************ed and kick one we all limp most industries overlap in one way or another

Edited by swinny
  • Like 3

At the end of the day timber from site is a virgin item.... its not a product or anything till processed and dried which is industrial process.....

Same with chip.... it is not a product till it has either rotted down or been dried to be used as biomass.... 

Both items high moisture content and fit for nowt before industrial process.... 

9 minutes ago, woody paul said:

So if you run a big pto chipper on the back of tractor on large site clearance work and no trailer towing and run it on white , what class would tractor come under. 

This was part of my original reply, with regard to the increase in projects suddenly going CIS and Reverse VAT.

If that’s the case it’s Construction, you’ll be into White Diesel, and all the Tractor would certainly fall under the commercial regs if you drive it there.

Hence the big surge in needing Tractor Drivers with CPCS and LGV licence for these big projects and the crazy money they’re having to pay for them.

You can’t get Truck Drivers anyway, but you’ve now got to find one to come off the road and get themselves a CPCS Tractor license too!

Rates available for such guys are seriously good at present.

Only other solution is low loader to site, run it on White Diesel and keep it off any roads.

Yes you may see more going Forwarder based Chippers for site work.

3 minutes ago, LGP Eddie said:

Only other solution is low loader to site, run it on White Diesel and keep it off any roads.

We run all our kit and timber to and from site on a lorry, we are normally first in on any development site and insist on sole possession. They all accept that we are Forestry and run on FMOC tickets, it only becomes a "site" as far as we are concerned when we hand it over. Certainly no construction going on at that point.

Bob

• Like 2