Red diesel availability?

PeteB

1 hour ago, dumper said:

So can I take my class 1 test in tractor with 50kmh box?

Nope but then there are loads of vehicles that you cant take a test in.

LGV test vehicles must be able to do over 50mph.

It must have a closed cargo compartment (vehicle & trailer).

Vehicle must be at least 8m long & with trailer total minimum 14m, the trailer must make up at least 7.5m of that.

Vehicle must carry at least 5000kg & have a minimum real weight of 10000kg. 8000kg total load if towing.

To name a few reasons.

2 hours ago, Justme said:

Or this one

The other problem with using ag vehicles on an Olicense is they are never /rarely in a condition to pass a plating or a roadside check. Before we went down the truck route we ran mogs/trailers, one got pulled in a roadside check and was issued with a ticket to go to the nearest brake testing facility, it had to go back a few times before it passed, they just don't get hard enough use at these very slow speeds to bust the glaze/crap off the linings and drums to make the numbers or balance required. Another one of our Mogs was pulled and the driver had the book thrown at him, I wont go into detail but the summons was 3/4" thick when it arrived, it was along the lines of the one in @Justme post above. Trucks are a far better option and so much cheaper to run.

Bob

• Like 1

These trucks are all well and good but how are you supposed to do trees on agri land that are through umpteen fields to get to the works / base of tree or any produce out? 

My main use of a tractor is felling large buggered trees in places that only a tractor can go. On agricultural pasture, felling and harvesting said timber thay then goes to biomass only. 

Can't do my agricultural works without a tractor.

And if the suggestion is to get a wagon to take tractor to site 10 miles away to do the works and then back, no chance. Hard enough trying to keep going in this game then add more expense on to jobs that you won't get.... 

If these last 2 years have taught me anything.... business of all sizes are tightening belts and penny pinching right from the top to the bottom

Edited by swinny

15 minutes ago, swinny said:

These trucks are all well and good but how are you supposed to do trees on agri land that are through umpteen fields to get to the works / base of tree or any produce out? 

My main use of a tractor is felling large buggered trees in places that only a tractor can go. On agricultural pasture, felling and harvesting said timber thay then goes to biomass only. 

Can't do my agricultural works without a tractor.

And if the suggestion is to get a wagon to take tractor to site 10 miles away to do the works and then back, no chance. Hard enough trying to keep going in this game then add more expense on to jobs that you won't get.... 

If these last 2 years have taught me anything.... business of all sizes are tightening belts and penny pinching right from the top to the bottom

So are you taking logs back to your yard?

Hauling your goods or reward for somone else's?