Red diesel availability?

PeteB

On 12/09/2021 at 19:02, donnk said:

there will be an increase in cost for construction but nothing significant really. concrete pumps, volumetric mixers etc

Does mean driving the digger, dumper and telehandler to tesco for a fill up as no way storing white on site for the pikeys to have a field day with.

There is talk of a third coloured diesel possibly green for construction site work that will be taxed more than red but not as much as white,

12 hours ago, spuddog0507 said:

Horticulture the growing of ornimentle trees, So whats Arboriculture then ??

Yes strictly speaking horticulture is the production of plants but for some reason the cultivation of plants in gardens has been accepted, it would need a court case to set a precedent of what is allowable.

Strangely the exemptions seem to apply to sports activities, like golf clubs, whereas in the past mowing of sports fields with red diesel was not allowed.

• Like 1

All this is going to course is mayhem, I have tried to get an answer from government through local MP if Arboriculture is exempt all I got back was a letter stating all about road going vehicles them another about static machines. 

As I read it no way you can get around it by what you have printed on invoice. It were you at the time and what you are doing when they catch you. 

9 hours ago, openspaceman said:

Yes strictly speaking horticulture is the production of plants but for some reason the cultivation of plants in gardens has been accepted, it would need a court case to set a precedent of what is allowable.

Strangely the exemptions seem to apply to sports activities, like golf clubs, whereas in the past mowing of sports fields with red diesel was not allowed.

Just make sure it’s not your court case🤔, cost my mate in excess of £14,000 when pulled with red in his unimog  for fencing contracting. And he won his case. Still cost him £14,000😳

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, john paget said:

Tbh, the impact on arb will be tiny compared with the hit on construction/ festivals etc, I do all the tree work at Glastonbury, they’re budgeting an extra £700,000 for having to run on white!

just get fairground lot to turn up then run on red.