Husqvarna UK email address?

Acerforestry

1 minute ago, Acerforestry said:

Ok when it packed in, it was still revving though barely and when chain applied to timber it just stopped the chain. It then would not start again. Hopefully this is making sense, as that is what happened.

Ah . Ok that makes more sense . When you said revving it produced no chain speed it pre supposes it rvved up ok but now I get it . As its a box of bits have you looked at the piston/pot ? Is there any scoring ?

1 minute ago, Acerforestry said:

I've been run ragged since retrieving the parts but will be having a better look by Monday, will let you know.

Re the prior post about the dealer handling the claim, they indeed are but I still wanted to contact Husvarna also, it does no harm

Just as an aside I have a 2011 560 that is still going strong .

Not being funny but if your new car packs up, you take it in to the local dealer and if it is a warranty fix, the local dealer...deals with it.

If the saw packs up, if you take it to an appointed Husqvarna dealer then surely, they will deal with the warranty repair if it is proved to be a .....warranty repair. 

The issue is when the local dealer is one level above pond life who has trouble working his TV remote....I know they all can't be bad but some should wear tricorn hats, have two musket pistols and ride a black horse called "Bess":(....just basing it on a local dealer trying to fit a new cylinder and carb on a MS200T with a loose exhaust owned by one of my customers desperate when I was on holiday......what can I say....it is fixed, basic engineering, two helicoils...all good9_9

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, spudulike said:

Not being funny but if your new car packs up, you take it in to the local dealer and if it is a warranty fix, the local dealer...deals with it.

If the saw packs up, if you take it to an appointed Husqvarna dealer then surely, they will deal with the warranty repair if it is proved to be a .....warranty repair. 

The issue is when the local dealer is one level above pond life who has trouble working his TV remote....I know they all can't be bad but some should wear tricorn hats, have two musket pistols and ride a black horse called "Bess":(....just basing it on a local dealer trying to fit a new cylinder and carb on a MS200T with a loose exhaust owned by one of my customers desperate when I was on holiday......what can I say....it is fixed, basic engineering, two helicoils...all good9_9

Living in Kent, I'd say you are doing pretty well if you can find a competant local dealer who isn't trying to have you over. This hopefully is not the case where it is now

Show us some pictures at least of the piston and possibly the inside of the cylinder to have some idea of the state of play. How did it get to this stage as it sounds like it had some serious misuse if it lost compression and the bearings are shot unless it left the factory with problems.

Warranty is a fault in materials or manufacture, it is not miss use, abuse, lack of service or fair wear and tear, I feel we are being a little unfair not having seen the state of the machine, so let’s just reserve judgment until some pictures are posted, do we know what two stroke oil is being used or the age of the fuel, do we know if the air inlets in the starter were  clear, dare I say the condition of the chain, not all cases are that clear.

This maybe a bearing failure, however the cages are a composite material and rarely destroy the cylinder and piston, unfortunately everybody thinks a failure for what ever reason is warranty, some of the comments given about the failure do not make a great deal of sense. I have been dealing with warranty for many years and see good and bad.

Who has the saw now? have they told you they are making a claim?

• Like 2