Tracked hi-lift dumpers

Dan Maynard

If you are willing to run it up ramps, then a muck truck max with compost sides would be perfect for you. Wheeled so no mess, spin it on the spot, get it through some real tight gaps too. 

Flatbed attachment is great for rings also, and 2k buys a new one leaving plenty in the savings pot for other toys. 
I did briefly look at Muck Truck, one thing which I didn't like was the manual tip but I see they do a hydraulic tip one now as well. Also the tip height is limited but reckon it will run up the chip pile and tip on top.

I'm thinking this is the way forward, now need to see if I can actually get hold of one.

41 minutes ago, Dan Maynard said:

I did briefly look at Muck Truck, one thing which I didn't like was the manual tip but I see they do a hydraulic tip one now as well. Also the tip height is limited but reckon it will run up the chip pile and tip on top.

I'm thinking this is the way forward, now need to see if I can actually get hold of one.

I'm not sure if the hydraulic tip is that good or not, it seems like an extra thing to go wrong, extra weight, and extra cost. Bare in mind a muck truck is manual steer, so if you can't tip it manually you won't be able to steer it anyway.

I think the main advantage of hydraulic tip would be for a halfway tip - spreading material out.

My mate hired a kubota mini dumper when he dug out a patio area, ran it up on to an ifor and tipped dirt at front of trailer. Then hired it again to get concrete in, one hell of a machine it went through a narrow arch way and had to do a 90deg turn no way avant  loader or similar would have done it. 

I can see how useful one would be on the way you chipper is small, but hire and try or even get one on demo and see how it goes and demo's cost nothing. 

On 02/09/2021 at 21:53, Dan Maynard said:

I have the hydraulic tip muck truck and I rate it. We use it less now we have a Bobcat E10 with a thumb, but it is great for some jobs. Easy to steer, easy peasy to steer if you are taller than me, as you take some weight off the rear rear wheels by slightly lifting the handles; no problem as the balance is good. We have used it with the skip full of timber and 2 guys on it for ballast to pull a big trunk over, where there was anchor point for winching, and no access for anything bigger or heavier. I would say its weakest point is traction uphill on grass/mud when loaded heavily.

On 02/09/2021 at 21:53, Dan Maynard said:

I am near Stoke on Trent, if that is any use for you to come and have a good look at it. I have some land to use it on for demo.

My vote for Muck Truck, absolute joy to use for many things, bullet proof, manual tipping is not a problem well balaced for that, good log cart with muck truck hard to beat in tight places, good mini loader good as well but price is a bit too high for one person gang. I want to add, that any tracked mashine in small garden in wet condition its a disaster. 

Edited by Sviatoslav Tulin