Finding the right person for advice

Jiat2

Read, you abominably thick twats. He couldn’t have been clearer. He wants to know how to shop for an expert and how to evaluate them and he expressly doesn’t want anything else. Forums madden me in this respect. Millions of tonnes of concrete that could otherwise build hospitals and orphanages instead goes into building server farms just for us to blithely piss away the kilobytes, in this case principally by annoying someone who wants to spend money in our industry.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Read, you abominably thick twats. He couldn’t have been clearer. He wants to know how to shop for an expert and how to evaluate them and he expressly doesn’t want anything else. Forums madden me in this respect. Millions of tonnes of concrete that could otherwise build hospitals and orphanages instead goes into building server farms just for us to blithely piss away the kilobytes, in this case principally by annoying someone who wants to spend money in our industry.

🤣

9 hours ago, Jiat2 said:

How is this a wind up?

I am not a tree expert by any means.

I have a tree I am concerned about.

If i leave it and it falls then that is an issue.

If i get an unqualified person to look at it they say its fine then it falls its an issue.

I looked online and found varying tree services and qualifications.

So I came here to ask what qualifications to look for and where to find an appropriately qualified person.

Because JSN gave a list of qualifications and you immediately , in your next post , asked " what qualifications should I be looking for ? "  Apologies if its not but just seemed a piss take to me . 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Clutchy said:

My 'This customer is going to be more hassle than its worth' senses are tingling. 

I'd bet big money on whoever gets this job that it is going to be a massive PITA 😂

Why? Whilst I wouldn't put it as bluntly as AHPP, it seemed a perfectly reasonable request.

Sounds like they have a concern with a neighbours tree and rather than blab about it on the 'net they would like a suitably qualified tree inspector to discuss their concerns with.

As a customer myself I wouldn't have much of a clue what to look for, and when I've sought advice from the council it's been wrong.

Thankfully JSN put up a helpful reply but I would still suggest that's a bit much for an average person to understand. Perhaps the arb industry should be more helpful to customers? (For example, I'd not heard of the Arb Association until I started posting here.)

• Like 2