Stein ropes

mikedrums69

Does anyone know who makes stein ropes, particularly there 11.7 ones? 

My guess would be Yale, which would be great. I’ve always been a big fan of Yale ropes and my current calamine is due to be replaced soon. So knowing Yale do stein ropes will broaden my options and keep my noodle in check 😕

Has anyone used them and can comment on there performance?

cheers

Does anyone know who makes stein ropes, particularly there 11.7 ones? 

My guess would be Yale, which would be great. I’ve always been a big fan of Yale ropes and my current calamine is due to be replaced soon. So knowing Yale do stein ropes will broaden my options and keep my noodle in check [emoji53]

Has anyone used them and can comment on there performance?

cheers
I bought one I did maybe 5 climbs on it and relegated it to a tag line it was awful I don't no who makes them but I doubt its yale I wait to be corrected buy someone who knows

Don't know about the current rope selection, but I think stein used to sell rebranded Yale hitch cord. Stein is a subsidiary of Fletcher Stewarts who are the main importer and distributor of Yale ropes (and loads of arb brands). Pretty sure the Yale hedera range of ropes were Fletcher Stewarts own name and colour scheme. I remember hearing that if you buy a mile of rope from Yale you can spec the colour.

I think they also distribute teufelberger and English braids... So who knows? Is half remembered trivia helpful?

Edited by tree_beard