New E10 Fuel

Jamie Jones

On 31/08/2021 at 10:10, peatff said:

I've found I have to open the L screw up 1/4 to 1/2 a turn making them richer and had to speed up the idle to compensate. That is on two Stihl saws and a Husqvarna.

I’m just fully resetting any

carburettor.
Doesn’t take much more time but at least makes you feel sure everythings tip-top afterwards.

The legislation doesn't apply to super/premium, that stays at E5 (5% max, no minimum).  So it seems odd the premium fuel had disappeared from the op's nearest forecourt.

I saw an E10 label for the first time last week, in my local Shell, but the v-power remained E5.

I had made the journey to my nearest Esso, as their website still claims synergy 99+ is still ethanol free.  However it was closed for refurbishment so I'm still to find out what they will have.

Let me stick this right in here. 😉.  It was done a while ago buttt…….

it may answer a few questions etc..but it may not answer all of them 🧐 although this guy is pretty good at myth busting..

hopefully he’s done the follow ups to answer some of your other thoughts 👍

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1