Are Honda HRX mowers all they are cracked up to be?

difflock

7 hours ago, scbk said:

As above, kaaz are good

Thought you had quite a bit of grass, have you looked at wider mowers, or a robot?

I might possibly be able to justify a ride-on, but figure the exercise is doing me good! My biggest motivation for  buying a ride-on would be the not having to tediously and uncomfortably stoop, and stupidly often, to unsnag and empty the grassbox. But I will live with that nuisence. For now.

23 minutes ago, difflock said:

Hmmm,

Why no mention o Stihl lawnmowers, on an arb site.

Are they that shite?

Looking at the RM655V

Cheers,

Mth

Not as shit value as Etesia, but still pretty naff. Had one when they were Viking, lots of problems in the first year.

Neither the Viking nor the Etesia could cope with just two days a week use during the season, despite being 'commercial' mowers. Both were shot within a year. This would be probably 6-7 years ago, and the Etesia was £1k back then! I should have gone for the Lawnflite 533 Pro, but I needed one in a hurry and the Etesia dealer was local (and useless- Richmonds Groundcare in Haslemere. Don't use them either) And believe it or not, despite my pics in the digger and loader threads,  £1k was a lot of money to me back then!

I wouldn't recommend either brand, especially not Etesia. In the end, a pair of Screwfix special offer Mountfield mowers with Honda engines for £350 each stood the course for two /three years until we packed up the gardening rounds. They're still going strong in semi retirement- a postage stamp garden each, one in my garden shed and the other on permanent loan to my employee.

• Thanks 1

This honda is good, last commercially 2 seasons easy, so for private lifetime. TORO twin blade never last more than 2 season commercially but its fast very fast, some problems with timing belt, heavy as well. If u cut grasss regularly i reccomend Stihl bigger mulcher 4RTP  lasting commercially 4 plus seasons, as usual good suport, all parts fast. Weibang making good ones as well, some problems with parts however.