Long reach hedge cutter / pole saw. Recommendations.

flanagaj

So I took the plunge and purchased the Hyundai multi tool cutter.  So far I have cleared two trails and I am really impressed with the kit.   I now need to start trying to secure some funding from local businesses in the hope I can purchase a BCS Tracmaster 640 with flail and a small petrol woodchipper for pruned branches.  The fail mower is an awesome piece of kit and it is just what you need for running through brambles and stingers.   So long as trails are given a good clear at least once a year the brambles and saplings don't have time to get established.

• Like 1

On 26/08/2021 at 15:15, Baldbloke said:

If the Council suggest they’re too busy, why not offer to quote per 100m? If they give you the go ahead to do the work on a voluntary basis (insurance issues?) 

I imagine you would have to jump through all sorts of hoops for the council to give permission. But if you looked the part and were sensible about it I doubt you would get any bother. Stick on a high Viz. That gives you permission to do what you like..🙂 Especially an orange one.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, benedmonds said:

I imagine you would have to jump through all sorts of hoops for the council to give permission. But if you looked the part and were sensible about it I doubt you would get any bother. Stick on a high Viz. That gives you permission to do what you like..🙂 Especially an orange one

That's about right, as long as there's 2 standing around and 1 working will look like council do it anyway. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

We cleared two paths amounting to 700ft in Hampshire. we Had privately owned Stihl brush cutter with mulching blade fitted.strimmer head and back pack blower.

We wore high viz but didn't have signage.
Whilst working a hedge cutter got nicked.

Next time if we buy and use signs they will be locked to a tree. Supposedly I could only do this with the heavy type, not folding.

The mulching head worked well for thick brambles but strimmer made good finish of ivy grass and ferns.

Cuttings/orisons were blown into open parts of the trail to compost down.

Yup flail machine would be ideal.

Permission from the council and funding was granted.

• Like 1

On 24/08/2021 at 20:14, Mark Bolam said:

Haven’t used one, but seen pretty good reviews of these (from homeowners rather than pros, admittedly), and well within budget.

They normally make pretty good kit.

I fully support the ethos of what you’re doing as well. Fair play to you.

EFD3BFA1-7183-4284-95C0-3879DBFA24FD.png

Hyundai Aftersales support has to be experienced to be believed.  It would try the patience of a saint, then turn him/her into a mass murderer.