Long reach hedge cutter / pole saw. Recommendations.

flanagaj

12 minutes ago, flanagaj said:

I have been looking at this model, but just concluded it must be cheap rubbish.   It's looking like I might have to give one of these a try as the professional type offerings are very pricey and the wife will string me up if I spent serious money on equipment.

I've never tried so can't give a definitive opinion but I'd be surprised if anything Hyundai was crap; not top spec maybe but rubbish? - no.  For that price I'd say you'd be getting a bargain

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, nepia said:

I've never tried so can't give a definitive opinion but I'd be surprised if anything Hyundai was crap; not top spec maybe but rubbish? - no.  For that price I'd say you'd be getting a bargain

I am probably being a bit harsh.  It does come with a  3 year warranty, so that in itself is pretty good.

Haven’t used one, but seen pretty good reviews of these (from homeowners rather than pros, admittedly), and well within budget.

They normally make pretty good kit.

I fully support the ethos of what you’re doing as well. Fair play to you.

EFD3BFA1-7183-4284-95C0-3879DBFA24FD.thumb.png.16fab2f2ee79f817157eada90ad5d0f3.png

I have this set and have thrown all the abuse I can at it and it just keeps on going.
  • Like 2

It’s a generic set that’s got a Hyundai sticker on it, or the other generics are Hyundai and have their sticker on it. Regardless, it’s handled two years of me abusing it when I was happy to just two a seasons graft out of it.
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, daveatdave said:

be carful you could end up in court for aggravated trespass  someone  next to a empty council shop go me to cut the grass one day and he got a threatening letter from the council saying if it happened again they would start court proceedings 

Ok thanks. 

30 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

Mind keep us informed with your court date and how you get on there. emoji16.png

😂 I have never had my day in court, but I am sure it would be interesting.  The council using public money to prosecute an individual for clearing bridleways that they are responsible for and don't bother doing.   

• Like 1

Could also get a silky saw you could do alot in a few hours cutting scrubby overhanging branches & stuff & felling small seeded trees along edges etc.

Trouble is where is all all the large volume of trimmed stuff going thought?

Over hegde into farmers fields as many bridle ways narrow lack places to dump stuff or will have to drag it a long way...

So you  really need a chipper and chainsaw if the bridleways ways are anything like as overgrown as the ones ive seen here large blackthorn etc

Edited by Stere
  • Like 2