Greenmech EC15-23 Chipper

Robostihl

Hi all,

I’m hoping someone can offer advice on an issue with a Greenmech EC15-23 chipper.

the no stress isn’t working, and I’m not sure what to check next, work done so far,

full engine service, all belts tightened or replaced.

new blades.

flywheel sensor removed cleaned and gap set to 1.5mm. (I think it’s ok, revs are stable on display)

start sequence, shows the following codes

A.603

E.000

r.017

?A? (? Are unknown symbols) 

engine starts and runs very well, machine chips great, but no stress does not kick in and engine will stall, if I don’t reverse rollers.

sorry for long post, trying to give as much information as possible.

Any help greatly appreciated.

ATB,

Steve

2 hours ago, Robostihl said:

Hi all,

I’m hoping someone can offer advice on an issue with a Greenmech EC15-23 chipper.

the no stress isn’t working, and I’m not sure what to check next, work done so far,

full engine service, all belts tightened or replaced.

new blades.

flywheel sensor removed cleaned and gap set to 1.5mm. (I think it’s ok, revs are stable on display)

start sequence, shows the following codes

A.603

E.000

r.017

?A? (? Are unknown symbols) 

engine starts and runs very well, machine chips great, but no stress does not kick in and engine will stall, if I don’t reverse rollers.

sorry for long post, trying to give as much information as possible.

Any help greatly appreciated.

ATB,

Steve

Probably better see if @Jase hutch has his ears on

Hi , 

Which engine do you have?

Does the maximum rpm read 2450 ?

At tickover you should get magnetism at the nut (19mm Spanner size) that holds the coil onto the solenoid valve.

If not then remove the Herschmann plug (single screw) from the solenoid valve and check across the opposite two small terminals on the plug for battery voltage  ?

Do this again on tickover. 

Alternatively give me a call tomorrow on : 01789 400044,  option for service and we can check the program in the RDS ?

Jase.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

An update on the chipper for anyone else that might have the same machine, or encounter a similar issue. Luckily it turned out not to be the RDS unit, and after a visit the GreenMech with the machine the route cause turned out to be a broken wire in the loom.

The help and support from Jase and the team at GM has been amazing, What a refreshing change to find a company that really cares.

kind regards,

steve

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1