Customers ringing at ridiculous times - RANT.

jfc

Some of my biggest paydays ever have come from a 9 o’clock Sunday night call, even with withheld numbers .

You never know who it is, some of the most eccentric characters with money to burn come in this way.

Of course if you’re a tree firm boss that’s already got a million quid on deposit , then just answer mon - fri 9 til 5.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, oldwoodcutter said:

Some of my biggest paydays ever have come from a 9 o’clock Sunday night call, even with withheld numbers .

You never know who it is, some of the most eccentric characters with money to burn come in this way.

Of course if you’re a tree firm boss that’s already got a million quid on deposit , then just answer mon - fri 9 til 5.

If they can't wait until 9am Monday for me to call them back I highly doubt I would ever want to work for such an unreasonable person 

10 hours ago, Steve Bullman said:

I was on the phone at 11pm the other night to someone whose website had been hacked. Spent an hour with them and arranged a plan for me to migrate the site to my server and fix the issue, then provide ongoing hosting. The next day came and I heard nothing. Noticed their website has been fixed though after I pointed them in the right direction 😡

I have had similar in giving a diagnosis to a saw issue over the phone. They piss off in to the distance and have left me with parts on the shelf before now after promising to send it in...bloody frustrating!!

4 minutes ago, spudulike said:

I have had similar in giving a diagnosis to a saw issue over the phone. They piss off in to the distance and have left me with parts on the shelf before now after promising to send it in...bloody frustrating!!

I think they’ll be back. They think they fixed it but they haven’t 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

On 22/08/2021 at 17:34, jfc said:

Happens most weeks but why do people ring for a quote at 8.30pm on Friday night? Someone else rang at 1 o clock Sunday lunchtime. This is not for emergency work to dangerous trees btw. From memory I think 10pm is latest some has rung like this.

Does this boil anyone else's p!$$ or am I just a grumpy old man!

J.

worse when you're out on the piss on a saturday night circa 7pm. 'yea no worries i'll see you at 9am'.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Some people have no common sense regarding when to ring. If it's late let it go to message. That call could be a nice 2k job or a £60 quickie at the end of the day on the way home. It's all potential work and money. Never turn your nose up at someone calling because it doesn't fit your schedule. If you are not getting calls then you could be over the moon at someone calling at 9pm on a Sunday........

• Like 3

I was on the phone at 11pm the other night to someone whose website had been hacked. Spent an hour with them and arranged a plan for me to migrate the site to my server and fix the issue, then provide ongoing hosting. The next day came and I heard nothing. Noticed their website has been fixed though after I pointed them in the right direction [emoji35]

Perhaps an out of hours advice charge should apply on a nice little email you send over[emoji6]
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

This reminds me of a, I believe a Yorkshire saying " There's nowt so queer as folk.

Stupid times customer ring is really a big spoile the day, Sunday early morning the worst. And subcontractors, "who should know better after 9pm asking if you have time to work for them spontaneous, is it only me that like to keep appointments and plan ahead.