Customers ringing at ridiculous times - RANT.

jfc

8.30pm is absolutely fine for me, more of a chance of getting hold of me than during the day!

In the summer months with the long evenings I'm often outside working on something til gone 11pm anyway.

A few weeks ago I got woken up by a potential customer texting at 1am which was a bit much

• Like 1

8.30pm is absolutely fine for me, more of a chance of getting hold of me than during the day!
In the summer months with the long evenings I'm often outside working on something til gone 11pm anyway.

A few weeks ago I got woken up by a potential customer texting at 1am which was a bit much
Only thing I am working on at 11pm on a Friday night is a bottle of something alcoholic!
  • Like 3

I don’t mind what time anybody rings up to ten o clock weekdays , 4 o clock Saturdays and I’d rather no Sunday calls.

Of course I’ll take emergency calls from regulars anytime.

lt does piss me off when people call late saying they think it would be a good time to get me as they know he busy I am, as if small business owners should be on call for them 24/7.

I generally text back politely requesting them to call anytime after 7 Monday morning unless it’s an emergency .

it’s kind of our own fault if we answer calls out of hours and they turn to be assholes.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jfc said:

Happens most weeks but why do people ring for a quote at 8.30pm on Friday night? Someone else rang at 1 o clock Sunday lunchtime. This is not for emergency work to dangerous trees btw. From memory I think 10pm is latest some has rung like this.

Does this boil anyone else's p!$$ or am I just a grumpy old man!

J.

Are you having a laugh if your open for business then you are open and yes you are a grumpy old Man! close down if you dont want it

• Like 4

I once had a customer ring me several mornings on the trot at 3.30am left me a voicemail each time. He eventually rang during day light hours and told me he had left several messages to which I replied that I don't respond to messages left in the middle of the night. His reason was that his phone was on 'aeroplane mode'. He was very odd but we did do the job. Always leave my phone down stairs at night and it's always on silent so it didn't actually bother me to be fair.

We're often out working until 8 so people ring us up to about 10. It's not really a problem, if we don't want to answer we just let it go to answer phone and ring back later.

We try not to ring back after 9 or too early at weekends because not everyone's like us but it doesn't bother me when I'm phoned. It helps not giving out your mobile number then you only have to worry about work messages being on the house phone.

Texts and emails I'll reply to any time if I'm awake. I much prefer them.

I won't answer calls after 6pm unless I really fancy it. 

My voicemail says to keep calling if its an emergency or to text. 

I've been called at 10pm many times. I love answering these ones as I'm so intrigued as to what it could be. 

After they say oh I'm after a quote ill interrupt and say so its not an emergency? Ill call you during work hours tomorrow. 

Its normally the biggest time wasters calling at funky times so couldn't give a toss if I lose them. 

Or they say oh wasn't expecting someone to answer.