Customers ringing at ridiculous times - RANT.

jfc

Happens most weeks but why do people ring for a quote at 8.30pm on Friday night? Someone else rang at 1 o clock Sunday lunchtime. This is not for emergency work to dangerous trees btw. From memory I think 10pm is latest some has rung like this.

Does this boil anyone else's p!$$ or am I just a grumpy old man!

J.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jfc said:

Happens most weeks but why do people ring for a quote at 8.30pm on Friday night? Someone else rang at 1 o clock Sunday lunchtime. This is not for emergency work to dangerous trees btw. From memory I think 10pm is latest some has rung like this.

Does this boil anyone else's p!$$ or am I just a grumpy old man!

J.

No . They can ring you as much as they like . I don't mind .

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

Even better is when they start by asking at 1pm Sunday: "Do you do free quotes?"

As a general rule if I am quoting for work for a customer who has chosen to ring at what I would regard as an inconsiderate time, eg 1pm Sunday, 8:30pm Friday, I tend to add a bit on to my usual rates to allow for "messing us about tax". Eg - "I will move all the pots out of the way before you come"  but then they never do.

Had a call the other morning at 07:15 from a regular customer, wanting to check when we were going, despite me having given her the date some weeks previously, and it not being until next month. I commented that it was a bit early, and she said she wanted to get me before I was at work. Has she not heard of voicemail? Anyway, this will be the last year we do her tall and very wide hedges in a sloping garden, further from base than we need to travel to get enough work in.

Rant over, thanks to the OP jfc for opening that can or worms🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1