Flipline problems..

john87

I used a isc rope grab for years, on art positioner now (way better). I use a thick steel core flip line (I used to have a honey Bros one, can’t remember what I have now) you do get thinner ones which are more rope like (one of my lads has got one, black and yellow, it’s shit). Make sure you lean into the tree when you flick it up, make sure you have your hands each side on the line not hugging the tree.

Trust your kit, I’ve gaffed out loads of times, never go far. If you get shaky at the top on a narrow stem put a carabiner over both sides to choke it.

With the struggling to get it around the tree you can flick it around with a heavy snap hook quite easily but tbf I get a groundie to pass it to me.

With the leaning stems it just comes with time they are awkward. All takes time, and it’ll feel second nature before you know it.

• Like 3

On thin stems, what you all think of wrapping the flip line round twice?? Will be a bit awkward, but no way will you slide..

Or, flipline as normal but wrap a second lanyard round twice..

Or, something like a split tail choked to the stem and then through a rope grab to your bridge..

john..

42 minutes ago, Martin du Preez said:

I used a isc rope grab for years, on art positioner now (way better). I use a thick steel core flip line (I used to have a honey Bros one, can’t remember what I have now) you do get thinner ones which are more rope like (one of my lads has got one, black and yellow, it’s shit). Make sure you lean into the tree when you flick it up, make sure you have your hands each side on the line not hugging the tree.

Trust your kit, I’ve gaffed out loads of times, never go far. If you get shaky at the top on a narrow stem put a carabiner over both sides to choke it.

With the struggling to get it around the tree you can flick it around with a heavy snap hook quite easily but tbf I get a groundie to pass it to me.

With the leaning stems it just comes with time they are awkward. All takes time, and it’ll feel second nature before you know it.

I have sort of half gaffed out a few times, Nothing much has happened as i make sure the one is planted properly before moving the other!! Good idea with the carabiner though!! Cannot see you would slide at all with a set up like that!!

john..

Edited by john87
Add a bit!