Bigger Tractor trailer large capacity

swinny

Hi all,

Just wondering what folk are running behind their tractors for a large capacity trailer for chip etc? something like 16' long and a 12T trailer ish?

I see some are running a grain trailer, which seems shite flys everywhere! and some run larger silage type trailers?

I would like to get a larger trailer for the larger chipping jobs. Ideally something with a hydraulic back door!

Some of the silage trailers are auto back doors so only open when tipping? 

What are any of these trailer like to fill with an open back door?

Running gear I would love some big flotation tyres but most likely end up with something on super singles.... 

Ideally would prefer not to have a big 8' wide trailer..... Ideally 7'-7'6" max as my tractors most likely smaller than yours lol :D

Any advice?

Company near me runs all sorts of trailer to suit access to jobs, couple of 10t AS Marston a couple of 12t lowland potato trailers which they can blow chips over the side of with there TP 200 all standard height sides. 

Have a look at Hartwood trees site they have a heavy duty construction trailer with extra sides made for it. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, woody paul said:

Company near me runs all sorts of trailer to suit access to jobs, couple of 10t AS Marston a couple of 12t lowland potato trailers which they can blow chips over the side of with there TP 200 all standard height sides. 

Have a look at Hartwood trees site they have a heavy duty construction trailer with extra sides made for it. 

Yeah seen this.... Jpm multi purpose dump trailer 14t.... least can stick a digger on the back.... my current trailer is 9-10 cube.... the way I'm going is to chip more and want a high capacity  trailer.... Defford hyd  rear door! 

Sprung drawbar be nice :D

Never seen the potato trailers.....

used to have a masses 700 trailer which was a grain trailer 12t and 16' long.... why did I sell it lol 😆

Things have moved on now and so has my business... all for he better thankfully :)

In fairness I don't even know how super singles travel over land.... at times I'm asked to go on land nor at the best moments shall we say!

I like how the fat tyres on my timber trailer flatten out the cleat marks from the tyres where I've been and leave a good finish.... 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, woody paul said:

Can you not just add sides to Fleming. 

Has sides on currently and that takes it to 9 -10 cube.... was OK when using 6" chippers would take a while to fill.

It needs sides on sides now! Lol also fabricators are a pain and never reply to getting quotes etc. Was thinking of keeping Fleming and getting another trailer aswell