not so large loader (avant 220)

Dilz

9 minutes ago, Dilz said:

coffee cup holder / a wee shelf for a Bic Mac and a pointing stick for crew control .... living the dream. 

Hell, I paid £28k for a multione 8.4sk and that didn’t come with a cup holder! So you’d be one up on me already! 

• Haha 1

I think the most important factor here is that its the same colour as my stump grinder.  

Basically reckons its going to be worth my time checking it out at the local agri workshop and seeing if I can get it for a demo day or two....

also what's the crack with filling the tires with water and antifreeze??? 

1 hour ago, Dilz said:

I'm based out in Sweden. Northwest Skåne, near a place called Ängelholm... So thanks for the offer but tis a bit far I reckon 🙂.  I'm looking at all types of skid and mini loaders - This wee Avant came up today when I was picking up some new teeth for the stumpy (Which is also green.....) The engine is 20hp compared to 11hp on the workyquad....I'd also be sitting on my arse though at 6'3 I reckon it would be a bit tight and the access  width is probably the only factor that is stopping me just buying it right away...was seriously considering micro bull BUT this used machine is a good price for what it is I reckon. 

The micro bull is a cracking bit of kit, punches well above its weight, doesn’t have to stop at the sight of a garden gate and a very high oil flow compared to other small machines as well so beats them on attachment options, they run the flail etc a treat, speak to @Dave Alviti 

Edited by Will C
No cup holder tho :-(
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Stihllymok said:

Prob not that important on that lil toy😉🙂 but someone did mention about this recently that the heel welds often aren't as strong etc so worth checking before you go mad !

I did ask the question buh

And was told on a set of 1.5 ton forks, the heel would be good for at least 350 odd kg and you'd struggle with this little machine 

Instead of water, I would go to a tire dealer and let them foamfill all 4 tires. You get them puncture proof that way and have a lower center of gravity. Nothing worse than loosing a days work due to a flat. You will face approx 400€, but worth the saved trouble. 

1 hour ago, marne said:

Instead of water, I would go to a tire dealer and let them foamfill all 4 tires. You get them puncture proof that way and have a lower center of gravity. Nothing worse than loosing a days work due to a flat. You will face approx 400€, but worth the saved trouble. 

You end up with tyre that doesn't respond well to offroad work and tends to wear quicker on concrete. Instead, why not use a decent sealant? We have 25 litre drums of OKO blue for road and green for offroad.

Does the foam add that much weight? In order for it to perform as advertised (and it doesn't in my experience) a lot of it would have to be air.

Edited by doobin