not so large loader (avant 220)

Dilz

1 hour ago, Mark Bolam said:

That’s what attracts me to the Worky Quad, it’s 740mm width.

It would pretty much get on any job.

Got a hernia op to finance first though.

I really have done this arse about face haven’t I….

isn't that only with the skinny tractor wheels on  their smaller machine? 

12 minutes ago, Dilz said:

isn't that only with the skinny tractor wheels on  their smaller machine? 

Generally yes from my research, but the point is if you have a set of those wheels you have the option! The best one I found was the Giant SK252D- they manage to squeeze their larger diesel model down to 76cm with the right tyres. This baby is on my wish list!

WWW.TOBROCO-GIANT.UK

Is this small Avant the one at CFM? If so then you can't be far from me and you're welcome to come have a play with my larger machine before you make the call.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stihl123 said:

😅 if i see anyone else copying that idea, i'll be sending them a copy of my Patent documents and you'll be receiving a call from my lawyer

Prob not that important on that lil toy😉🙂 but someone did mention about this recently that the heel welds often aren't as strong etc so worth checking before you go mad !

2 minutes ago, doobin said:

Generally yes from my research, but the point is if you have a set of those wheels you have the option! The best one I found was the Giant SK252D- they manage to squeeze their larger diesel model down to 76cm with the right tyres. This baby is on my wish list!

Is this small Avant the one at CFM? If so then you can't be far from me and you're welcome to come have a play with my larger machine before you make the call.

I'm based out in Sweden. Northwest Skåne, near a place called Ängelholm... So thanks for the offer but tis a bit far I reckon 🙂.  I'm looking at all types of skid and mini loaders - This wee Avant came up today when I was picking up some new teeth for the stumpy (Which is also green.....) The engine is 20hp compared to 11hp on the workyquad....I'd also be sitting on my arse though at 6'3 I reckon it would be a bit tight and the access  width is probably the only factor that is stopping me just buying it right away...was seriously considering micro bull BUT this used machine is a good price for what it is I reckon. 

I’ve used one for tree work, (here in Sweden) great little helper despite its size. 
Wasn’t the 220 tho, maybe 214 (smaller hp) 
the smaller the machine the better you need to be at presenting/stacking the material for it 

Check out Viking arbor on Instagram, they’ve a few pics of there’s working to give you an idea of what it’ll do 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mark Bolam said:

Aye, go for it.

If nothing else it will be a great learning platform for moving on to a bigger machine.

And you could stick a heater in the cab!

coffee cup holder / a wee shelf for a Bic Mac and a pointing stick for crew control .... living the dream. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1