Cornflake driving licences

Justme

14 hours ago, swinny said:

Be nice if the gits let me have my 7.5t licence for nowt! 

Was pissed years ago after doing my b+e to find if i wanted a 7.5t truck id have to do the bloody trailer test again ffs....

On the bonus, does this mean my lad that works for me doesnt need to do his trailer test now? Jammy git :D

Thats not part of the plan just BE.

13 hours ago, swinny said:

What sort of brass am i looking at for 7.5t license and trailer test? looks like you going / looking at the same route. Thanks

Medical £50-70

theory training and test £70

Initial CPC if needed £240

C1 (if needed) £700

C1E if taken C1 £700

C1E with no C1 first £1050 (aprox as not yet worked out actual course plans for that eventuality, no I dont just drive around aimlessly its all planned)

On going CPC £50-70 per 7 hour day.

Other costs O licence (restricted potentially)

Using tacho for all work so less working hours in a day.

13 hours ago, Moose McAlpine said:

Where i store my van and trailer a bunch of people store caravans. Quite amazing how many of them can't even drive the things forward through the front gate let alone reverse them into their space.

Yet the crazies want more like them to be able to tow. Most will be pre 97 or under the 3500kg limits.

13 hours ago, Moose McAlpine said:

I wouldn't bother doing C1+E (7.5t  + trailer) personally mate. It's much the same as C+E in that it'll be 2 tests in a pretty similar vehicle but you'll be limited after.

I've paid £2,500 all in for my C+E, which includes the medical, theory, hazard perception, 2 practical tests and the training for both C and C+E.

This is in NW London so may be cheaper out your way.

C1E would be about half or less than that.

In a very different vehicle. Most use 4 or 5T vans.

Those of you that think its a good idea you need to remember you are coming at it from your view point.

If I told you that in general the best clients to get are ARB ones as they tend to have a good calculating brain, drive sensible, understand weight & risk & can already reverse.

Sadly most of the rest of the drivers are not like YOU.

Stop thinking of YOU & how YOU drive & your experiences & think of the rest of the population.

There are a lot more of them than YOU.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Justme said:

Those of you that think its a good idea you need to remember you are coming at it from your view point.

If I told you that in general the best clients to get are ARB ones as they tend to have a good calculating brain, drive sensible, understand weight & risk & can already reverse.

Sadly most of the rest of the drivers are not like YOU.

Stop thinking of YOU & how YOU drive & your experiences & think of the rest of the population.

There are a lot more of them than YOU.

Correct, where I live there are about 20 caravans stored here. The amount of people who can't reverse them back in there space when they return from holiday is amazing.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

Correct, where I live there are about 20 caravans stored here. The amount of people who can't reverse them back in there space when they return from holiday is amazing.

There's an opening there.

Eggs Caravan Parking Service.

• Like 1

Just now, roboted said:

There's an opening there.

Eggs Caravan Parking Service.

Tried it mate and got a flat refusal, I could see they were struggling so I offered to reverse it in for them. He snapped a NO at me so I did one, only to watch them unhitch it and push it in... Ya can't help some folk.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Please correct me if i am wrong here, but i would say the move on the driving liecences is mainly down to the drastic lack of HGV drivers that have not come through in the last 20 yrs, things where made that difficult and expensive for some people to go and do it and  no one wanted to go down that rout ? 

We now have a massive shortage of HGV drivers all across the board and this has been the knock on affect from the change in 1997, ? 

Sat a snack bar on the A59 near Gisburn north yorks on Tues and there is a lot of HGV drivers use that spot but all who pulled up when i was there about 8 or 9 of them they were all 50+ !! so where are the younger HGV drivers ? they arent there and this is why we as a nation are having some supply problems to retail outlets, 

Builders supplies near me have wagons sat in the yard and last wk i met the MD driving a wagon n drag loaded with concreate blocks, they have been looking for drivers for last 9 month and a guy round corner from me cant get any one to drive recovery car transport trucks either,,,,

• Like 3