Cornflake driving licences

Justme

Just now, Moose McAlpine said:

I wouldn't bother doing C1+E (7.5t  + trailer) personally mate. It's much the same as C+E in that it'll be 2 tests in a pretty similar vehicle but you'll be limited after.

I've paid £2,500 all in for my C+E, which includes the medical, theory, hazard perception, 2 practical tests and the training for both C and C+E.

This is in NW London so may be cheaper out your way.

Cheers for that... Just the thought of me in an artic though! i take it that is what C catagory is? Never really looked into whats what. Thanks

Well, I've completed the survey. Here's the link:

Have a read of Appendix A- the full list of questions, so you know what you're in for. The B+E questions are at the end, so don't shoot your load until then 🤪 Also be aware than answers are limited to 250 words so keep them concise and to the point.

I made the following points:

• Towing a trailer is far safer than overloading a 3.5t vehicle- weight down low, two extra axles etc.

• It is almost impossible to find staff with B+E. One man doing all the trailer driving is unsafe- leads to being tired on the road.

• It is expensive to train staff for B+E, tests are unavailable, and if you do train them, they just get poached.

• Removing the test removes a barrier to youth unemployment

• A trailer is a great way of minimising fuel expense and emmissions. Far less polluting to use a trailer only when required behind a modern fuel efficient truck, than to run a polluting old lorry.

I'd urge you all to respond. Does anyone have any suggestions of more benefits?

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Rough Hewn said:

Have you thought about driving for arb firms?
You’ve already got saw experience.
And you can reverse a trailer!
How about your own truck?
🤷🏽‍♂️emoji106.png

Thats a possibility. Get a C1E rig suitable for arb.

Not sure if the rates people are willing to pay would be enough based on comments on here.

17 hours ago, doobin said:

So you're saying you'll have the option to do a car test towing a trailer straight off, rather than car test first then trailer? Have I got that right? The first post reads like OP is reeling from the death of a close relative, all over the shop and incoherent.

As for OP- stop whinging. At least you didn't run a nightclub or suchlike during the p]andemic, haemorrhaging cash and not knowing if you'll ever trade again.

No, Cars will just do car test & get trailer too.

Bigger vehicles will be allowed to go straight to E status.

Seeing as I was closed for most of the lock downs you can shove that comment up your arse. I dont care if that get me a ban your a KNOB HEAD.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Craig. said:

I believe they are considering basically going back to how it was before, pass car test automatically getting the +E (trailer), and being able to do C+E (artic) test straight off, not rigid first then artic.

@Justme I guess you all ready have, but just in case there`s a consultation you can comment on.

I have thanks

14 hours ago, gand said:

So what happens to the likes of me? Passed test 23 years ago, but not got b+e. Do we suddenly get it or is it just the snotty nose brats that can't drive a fiesta 

You will have to apply for it or still get done for no E.

14 hours ago, doobin said:

I’d urge you all to respond. Let’s brainstorm points in favour. 

The first that comes to mind is using a trailer only when the load requires it means you can use a more fuel efficient vehicle most of the time, so good for the environment! 😜

How is that any different to now?