Cornflake driving licences

Justme

Now that it seems that we are going back to issuing cornflake packet driving licences I am looking for a new main business venture.

I already do contract firewood processing & sell a little firewood.

Thinking of possibly extending this & getting into oversized.

Biggest issue seems to be the work is a long way from me & travel & accommodation racks the cost up.

So now looking for something to take further.

Open to legal & moral suggestions.

Would really like remote / from home or internet based work but not afraid of getting down & dirty.

cornflakes.jpg

Nationally they are consulting on removing the BE licence, removing the need to take a test in a rigid vehicle before taking a test with a trailer, so straight to CE DE or C1E or D1E without taking C C1 or D D1.

Locally closing test center making people drive an extra 2 hours each way on a good day to the next one.

Removing need for the rigid test first removes about 20% of my work, removing BE removes about 70% but the Test center closing removes 100% of it.

• Sad 1

49 minutes ago, AHPP said:

So someone with B would be able to tow more than 750kg if these changes happen?

If they already hold a B they would have to claim it. If they pass after the change it might be given to them.

If the lunatics get their way.

ALL the stats say it a crazy idea but the DVSA cant supply enough tests for LGV so are trying to free up tests by stopping the need for BE.

What the DVSA are missing is people are leaving LGV work & active numbers of drivers is going down because its shit not because they cant get a test.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, AHPP said:

Could you update this thread and quote/tag me if these changes do happen please.

It will be all over the media if / when it happens.

I will be busy looking for rope / suitable tree.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Justme said:

Now that it seems that we are going back to issuing cornflake packet driving licences I am looking for a new main business venture.

I already do contract firewood processing & sell a little firewood.

Thinking of possibly extending this & getting into oversized.

Biggest issue seems to be the work is a long way from me & travel & accommodation racks the cost up.

So now looking for something to take further.

Open to legal & moral suggestions.

Would really like remote / from home or internet based work but not afraid of getting down & dirty.

cornflakes.jpg

Landscaping is good money saying that even that is going to shit now the price of materials is crippling the industry same as lack of them aswell 

Jack

• Like 1