Old climbers

Cob-logging

Back in the 90s I didn’t know anyone with a loader to get stuff out of a garden, you just cut it up small carried it out and had your osteopath on speed dial.

These days clients should pay a premium for building their extensions across access to their gardens, wankers.

If they don’t have at least 36 inches to get some sort of machine in they can pay double, they can deduct it from the extra profit they make on the place when they sell it.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

Back in the 90s I didn’t know anyone with a loader to get stuff out of a garden, you just cut it up small carried it out and had your osteopath on speed dial.

These days clients should pay a premium for building their extensions across access to their gardens, wankers.

If they don’t have at least 36 inches to get some sort of machine in they can pay double, they can deduct it from the extra profit they make on the place when they sell it.

100 % agree, i seen entrances now less than 700 mm, immediately 50% extra😁

• Like 1

Too true, I'm also a victim of the end of the 80's early 90's. No loaders, no bollards and lowering devices, no srt. Everything was left as long as could possibly be carried by exceptional human beings, even if it took two people to lift it onto your shoulder - at least it saved 2 maybe 3 runnings from a back garden, up the owners back passage (!) and out to the truck.
I used to wonder why the old treeboys looked like dwarves and their hands were curled inwards like bear claws. Then ,2 rotator cuff ops with 9 months recovery each ,ankle fusion as cartilage has eroded completely, and I'm starting to feel knees and hips with impending dread, I now know where that image came from.
You know what though, I wouldn't have missed the experience for a minute. What a fantastic career, pushing to the limits, with a truly great bunch of guys , in every company, enjoying life to the full. Perhaps there's something missing in the lift less, strain less H +S world, but it keeps younger guys than us enjoying it for longer.
Proud to have been part of it.
  • Like 4