New wood stove rusting after being installed - thoughts please?

Hi all

Had a Woodwarm wood stove installed 1st March this year.  A few days after install we noticed some rust on the inside of the firebox.  We (regrettably) didn't think too much of it at the time.  However, when we went to stop sing for summer, and cleaned it out etc, we saw that the rust had got worse.  

We're in communications with the company we bought it from, but interested to get people's opinions and thoughts about it in the meantime.  

We've been burning seasoned ash wood only (no coal etc).  There's no rust on the outside of the stove.  

Here's some photos taken 3 days after install, with flash on so they are quite bright:  

IMG_20210304_140055420.thumb.jpg.e77f67a2c8e3e26b7332eec14d17cad2.jpg

IMG_20210304_140020549.thumb.jpg.4584aeada261677161c95a9bcf62ebe0.jpg

And these were taken in June:

IMG_20210630_140208522.thumb.jpg.399c27a98f80a82b0d8434ef9bea9ed4.jpg

IMG_20210630_142024984.thumb.jpg.8a138af068dc8d906e04dfafdae8013a.jpg

IMG_20210630_140615055.thumb.jpg.c91bdbd24aa576f92ae011394b5feb64.jpg

Many thanks

Edited by carbs for arbs

Hi 

Many thanks for all the replies.  

Interestingly, the guys who sold it to us said it is unusual for it to rust as quickly as it has, and are currently looking into it.  I could understand if we'd had it a while, but after a couple of months or so of use I must admit I'm surprised too.  And more so, the first two pics were taken after just one fire.  It's re-assuring to hear you guys say it's to be expected, but that leaves me a bit confused now.  

The baffle plate and the worse of the back of the stove seems a bit more than just surface rust and are pitted.  See a close up below of the baffle.  

Does anyone here have a Clearview or Woodwarm, and if so how's yours on the inside for rust?  

The whole flue/chimney liner was a brand new install (with a cowl too) so we're pretty sure there's no water coming down.  

Will do a bit of reading on the subject but any views in the meantime would be great.  

Many thanks

IMG_20210630_140522649.thumb.jpg.d35e5d043a4595d27520efc486961224.jpg

• Like 1

We’ve got a woodwarm stove. Had it 12 years+ now, it’s on it’s second fireguard and baffle.

The picture of your baffle looks exactly the same as ours have been. Doesn’t affect the way it works and we only changed our baffle after 10 years because it had warped too much. Same with the log guard. I wouldn’t worry about it.