Work related chat

Jack.P

ffs peopleare are only trying to to give you a bit of motivation, give you a leg up. i always ask are you winning? it means literally are you winning? how you getting on. if they say no they'll say why and we'll sort something out. go on about being patronising when some one says good job? maybe they are actually appreciating your job... take it with a bit of gratitude. You'd last 2mins on our sites with how we talk to each other, makes the day go well, i effing wish someone said good job to me ahah

• Like 7

I was on for Alfred McAlpines in the early ‘90’s Spudd, and you’re spot on.

I loved every minute.

Still good mates with some of those lads.

Your sites sound the same as ours, the piss-taking and banter is the only thing that gets us through some of the rougher jobs.

High-fiving each other while dragging dead hawthorns out of a stagnant pond  shouting ‘Number one job in the world!’

As the old Paddys used to say ‘The craic is worth £20k a year!’

We’re serious when it matters, but having fun is vitally important to the way we like to operate.

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Mark Bolam said:

I was on for Alfred McAlpines in the early ‘90’s Spudd, and you’re spot on.

I loved every minute.

Still good mates with some of those lads.

Your sites sound the same as ours, the piss-taking and banter is the only thing that gets us through some of the rougher jobs.

High-fiving each other while dragging dead hawthorns out of a stagnant pond  shouting ‘Number one job in the world!’

As the old Paddys used to say ‘The craic is worth £20k a year!’

We’re serious when it matters, but having fun is vitally important to the way we like to operate.

Yep happy happy days for us for sure, We worked on 5 Wimpey sites around the Northwest, skipping from site to site for a month or so on each site turfing the gardens and seeding the recreation areas along with tree panting in the winter, 

We did one at Radcliff near Bury, 2 small estates in Poulton which one of was near the TVR factory, a massive one at Sharples hall at Bolton and i think that one was about 800 houses then the last one was at Warrington which was not that big but it later became the set for the channel 4 soap Brookside, 

Only lad a kept in touch with was a chippy called Carl from Poulton and unfortunatly he got killed in a RTA on the M62 while traveling to a site in Bradistan,

We where shit up every day and piss wet through many a day but we just got on with it and never moaned, we used to do prep work mom/tus/wed and then we got a arctic load of turf on a thursday morning and get all down by late friday aft then home when finished, great times and some times i wish i could turn the clock back,,,,

• Like 2

5 hours ago, spuddog0507 said:

Back to the Wimpey sites, we where mainly 16/17 years olds at the time and to be sat in the Paddy hut at brew time we got ripped to bits 3 times a day every day but we stuck it out for 3 years till the site was finished, F - - - - - g good times tho,

Yes, but there was no malice in it. We had to take 'it' on sites, all part of learning our trade.

• Like 4