Work related chat

Jack.P

Sometimes a work guy says stuff I cannot stand .one regular saying on the job is are you winning ? I think That is a real dumb thing to say and never understood why someone might say that knowing full well that job is going well and then there is the saying ‘’well done ‘’ usually said in a slightly patronising manner .and a more recent thing is being told to not do as thorough job which doesn’t take as long though client wants a good job . I said I can’t work like that .soon sorted that

any similar stuff which gets to you a bit ? 

4 minutes ago, Jack.P said:

Sometimes a work guy says stuff I cannot stand .one regular saying on the job is are you winning ? I think That is a real dumb thing to say and never understood why someone might say that knowing full well that job is going well and then there is the saying ‘’well done ‘’ usually said in a slightly patronising manner .and a more recent thing is being told to not do as thorough job which doesn’t take as long though client wants a good job . I said I can’t work like that .soon sorted that

any similar stuff which gets to you a bit ? 

So......where you winning or not? 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Mick Dempsey said:

Work is full of little idioms and colloquialisms.

Are you winning? Just means how’s it going?

To be honest you sound a bit of a drainer.

Wonder what he would say to " have a doughnut and a cuppa " ..?

I worked with my mate back in the UK for many jobs.

He had a big tracked chipper and the deal was we gave him the the brush and he fed it as it worked out better that way.

Anyway he used to wind me up by saying ‘thanks’ or ‘that’s very kind of you’ or ‘what a nice surprise’ every single time you brought an armful of brash, all bloody day!
Ridiculous, but it got so annoying you had to laugh.

Edited by Mick Dempsey
  • Like 5
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

People whining on forums about every day small talk 

I knew this one was coming😂 .guess this just comes down to not getting on with people with big egos .

remind me what we’re we winning again.

Edited by Jack.P
Wining