Compost Loo causing a stink ..

Lovely

3 hours ago, MrNick said:

Sounds like your ownership of the land is preventing the underbidders developing the land, Don't spend any more money, they probably are not spending their own! If the bog goes so be it. 

See if you can purchase one of those hideous blue site loos move it around,  wind them up

I would love to lob in a blue portalooo but the wood is within a conservation area. I'm not planning on living in the wood it's just that the people who'd like to visit aren't keen on using a bucket or a pit. This is also only a tiny part of the story the parish council have been after me for 4yrs it's a vendetta and I'm honestly not being OTT.

2 hours ago, Paul in the woods said:

Sounds typical council behaviour. I think your mistake was asking permission rather than just doing something (understandable with your neighbours).

Do you really a compost loo? Isn't a hole and some 'modesty' fencing enough?

Do you mean FOI request? I've found submitting a subject access request, under data protection laws, to get all the councils information on your case can be helpful as it can show up more info that you've been told.

There was no chance I could just put a loo in I am surrounded one one side by the neighbours that tried to buy the land. My would-be visitors are of a certain age and would not be happy using a pit/bucket. Yes I mean an FOI request - they are the gifts that keep on giving. For example - email quotes from the tree officer: 'I've bodged an extra heritage condition' and 'the tree report could be more robust but it could swing by if you want it gone.' 😐The loo is only part of the story I have so much other stuff it's a real old pals act between the parish and the district council - maybe I should write that book!

34 minutes ago, devon TWiG said:

I think I have read some of your saga on a woodlands site ....from memory you have been in a long protracted battle with planners and  residential neighbours for ages over just about everything and if I remember correctly you have a very tiny woodland , so in reality this makes it very difficult to  justify your sheds , loo etc for the amount of "forestry " work you are undertaking .

You are right however the land is designated as agriculture, the focus on forestry is a complete misnomer. I am a horticulturalist some shelter and storage irrespective of the size of the land is not a big ask. Access to adequate sanitation is also a human right. If this kind of malarkey goes unchallenged then it will get worse. I have been defamed by both the parish and district council - in this day & age - there is no place for old-school tactics like these. My mum is in the final stage of vascular dementia, this wood was to be my respite and if I want the basics of a loo then with respect I will jolly well fight for it. BTW When the neighbours tried to buy the land their bid was "£1000 over the highest bid' -  which makes a mockery of the sealed bid process - that's the kind of people you're dealing with. All I'm doing is standing up for myself and my rights. I don't expect everyone to agree. My one shed is at the back of the wood hidden away, the loo will be at the far side again not in view. I'm causing no issue to anyone but bullying is the lowest of the low.

Edited by Lovely

6 minutes ago, Lovely said:

You are right however the land is designated as agriculture, the focus on forestry is a complete misnomer. I am a horticulturalist some shelter and storage irrespective of the size of the land is not a big ask. Access to adequate sanitation is also a human right. If this kind of malarkey goes unchallenged then it will get worse. I have been defamed by both the parish and district council - in this day & age - there is no place for old-school tactics like these. My mum is in the final stage of vascular dementia, this wood was to be my respite and if I want the basics of a loo then with respect I will jolly well fight for it. BTW When the neighbours tried to buy the land their bid was "£1000 over the highest bid' -  which makes a mockery of the sealed bid process - that's the kind of people you're dealing with. All I'm doing is standing up for myself and my rights. I don't expect everyone to agree. My shed is at the back of the wood hidden away, the loo will be at the far side again not in view. I'm causing no issue to anyone but bullying is the lowest of the low.

On the one hand, there is a long and well recognised route of incremental additions and supplements that are recognised as a potential path to eventually claiming lawfulness or residential rights within areas (particularly woodlands) which would otherwise never be granted planning consent....

But on the other, (some) town, parish and district councils have a well earned reputation for being complete asses.  

Entering into an appeals battle with people that are not spending their own money is futile and playing by their rules.

There are much more entertaining, enjoyable and fulfilling means of taking your fight to the enemy 😎

• Like 1

On 10/08/2021 at 09:36, devon TWiG said:

I remember correctly you have a very tiny woodland , so in reality this makes it very difficult to  justify your sheds , loo etc for the amount of "forestry " work you are undertaking .

Hobby forestry is enough for PD rights to apply.

You can site it for a "season" with no issue.

As season is defined as a period of less than 1 year.

So 364 days then remove & put back later.

• Like 1