Compost Loo causing a stink ..

Lovely

49 minutes ago, Justme said:

Hobby forestry is enough for PD rights to apply.

You can site it for a "season" with no issue.

As season is defined as a period of less than 1 year.

So 364 days then remove & put back later.

Great info but the forestry issue is a complete misnomer the land is designated agricultural. The definition of which includes forestry as well as fruit growing and horticuture. Yes it's small site but shelter and a loo (which after all is a human right-  'the right to sanitation') is not a major ask. I do not live next to the land. The key issue that should be of concern here is that councils seem able to 'interpet' planning law v subjectively. Even though not relevant to pd on agric land, I included a shedload of info about the forestry undertaken in my planning statement yet the council ignored it all. How can a council wait 7months and then come up with the very same result without any site visit let alone phone conversation? Call me old fashioned but that is fundamentally wrong. No other industry to my knowledge acts in this way.

Edited by Lovely
clarification

On 09/08/2021 at 23:32, daveatdave said:

why do you need a compost loo are you planning to live there ?

No I'm not planning to live there. Some of my would-be visitors would not feel comfortable using a bucket. Everyone has a right to sanitation.

No I'm not planning to live there. Some of my would-be visitors would not feel comfortable using a bucket. Everyone has a right to sanitation.

Surely not everywhere though? You have a right to access sanitation in your home, place of work etc but not in the middle of a forest. If this is your line of reasoning I can see why it’s not getting you very far.
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, trigger_andy said:

Surely not everywhere though? You have a right to access sanitation in your home, place of work etc but not in the middle of a forest. If this is your line of reasoning I can see why it’s not getting you very far.

I take your point but I'm a horticulturalist working in a wood, in that regard why do some allotments have toilets? They have plenty of buckets on site.

Just now, Lovely said:

I take your point but I'm a horticulturalist working in a wood, in that regard why do some allotments have toilets? They have plenty of buckets on site.

Are you employed or pottering around? You repeatedly mention you’re a horticulturalist like that should add some weight to your argument but the reality is it has nothing to do with why you want a toilet installed as you’ve also repeatedly stated it’s for the old biddies you want to show off your handiwork to then claim it’s their right to sanitation. 

Out of interest you mentioned the folk trying to buy the plot put an offer of £1000 over the highest bidder. How did you find this out and why did they then not win the bid?

1 hour ago, Justme said:

Hobby forestry is enough for PD rights to apply.

You can site it for a "season" with no issue.

As season is defined as a period of less than 1 year.

So 364 days then remove & put back later.

I am pretty sure it is not as simple as that ....just because some one buys a field and grows a few veg does not entitle them to build a barn , hard standing,shower block   toilet  etc ... planners consider things on merit and objections and it is easier with a greater acreage  or else the whole countryside will look like allotments !!   You need planning permission for a stable for horses . You can apply under PD rights but they can refuse and then full planning will be required which gets costly and puts many people off ...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, devon TWiG said:

How many woodlands in this country have a toilet ?????

No idea. Quite a few allotments have them, as well as woodland campsites, arboretums... Perhaps I'll just squat over a bucket - I'm sure the neighbours would love that.

No idea. Quite a few allotments have them, as well as woodland campsites, arboretums... Perhaps I'll just squat over a bucket - I'm sure the neighbours would love that.

Perhaps they’ve gone through the correct procedures and they where allowed them? The allotments that don’t perhaps, like you, where turned down?

1 minute ago, trigger_andy said:

Are you employed or pottering around? You repeatedly mention you’re a horticulturalist like that should add some weight to your argument but the reality is it has nothing to do with why you want a toilet installed as you’ve also repeatedly stated it’s for the old biddies you want to show off your handiwork to then claim it’s their right to sanitation. 

Out of interest you mentioned the folk trying to buy the plot put an offer of £1000 over the highest bidder. How did you find this out and why did they then not win the bid?

Ok I've mentioned I'm a horti only to indicate that I'm there for quite a while not just an hour or so here & there, I'm undertaking chainsaw work, processing wood, deadwooding, creating deadhedging, propagating etc - so when you're there for a significant time sometimes a loo is rather necessary. The previous owner of the wood showed me the bid - sealed bids are often used in house purchase. If people could get away with an offer of say 'I'll give you £500 over the asking price' it makes a mockery of the whole process. Also in the sealed bid process the seller is not duty bound to accept the highest offer.

• Like 1