Compost Loo causing a stink ..

Lovely

This is an odd one. I've been waiting 7months for a sign off for a certificate of lawfulness for...a compost loo in a tiny private woodland which I own called Lovelywood (it's in Bucks.) Oddly the loo has already been approved by the district council re: siting & design. But the  council emailed that 'Forestry is not being undertaken' so we need you to now submit a cert of lawfulness - otherwise you'll be susceptible to Enforcement Action. I queried this and they revealed the info (about usage) actually came from a third party... Firstly it's agric land so 'forestry is only part of the T&C official definition (which also inc fruit growing & horticulture.) Why the onus on forestry is beyond me, as there's no legislation to back it up. I wasn't going to give up so I commissioned a planning consultant (BTW a v nice chap) and the resulting planning statement was full of info about the trees I planted and ongoing maintenance work inc deadwooding, pruning etc. I decided to go back to the council's original case notes in case I'd missed something and they stated that it's a 'small woodland being managed by the owner for the cultivation and management of trees' (!!!) I'm a fulltime horticulturalist working 5 jobs a week to keep my mum (91 - immobile + vasc dementia) safe & sound in a carehome. On Monday, the council refused the cert of lawfulness based on the very same reason of 'forestry not taking place.' Absolutely nothing has happened in 7months, no site visit - not even a phone call. An appeal will cost me £2k - I'm seriously considering a GoFundMe page - obv to help fundraise but also to highlight what planners are capable of. It's total arrogance and  blatant old school bullying tactics + they obviously think that I'll not be able to afford the appeal. The same council also had a staff member ring me at home to ask me to withdraw an FOI Request - I have enough ammo to write a flippin' book(!) Anyone had similar experience? Should I do a GoFundMe page?  Oh yes the other thing to mention - when I bought the land a consortium of neighbours tried to buy it - two were members of the local parish council - the one who was the named as the actual bidder is the current vice chairman 😐 Ever felt stitched-up like the proverbial kipper?! Thank you for reading ;0)

Acers.jpg

• Like 4

Sounds like your ownership of the land is preventing the underbidders developing the land, Don't spend any more money, they probably are not spending their own! If the bog goes so be it. 

See if you can purchase one of those hideous blue site loos move it around,  wind them up

• Like 7

34 minutes ago, MrNick said:

Sounds like your ownership of the land is preventing the underbidders developing the land, Don't spend any more money, they probably are not spending their own! If the bog goes so be it. 

See if you can purchase one of those hideous blue site loos move it around,  wind them up

This x10

• Like 1

Sounds typical council behaviour. I think your mistake was asking permission rather than just doing something (understandable with your neighbours).

Do you really a compost loo? Isn't a hole and some 'modesty' fencing enough?

Do you mean FOI request? I've found submitting a subject access request, under data protection laws, to get all the councils information on your case can be helpful as it can show up more info that you've been told.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, daveatdave said:

why do you need a compost loo are you planning to live there ?

No not at all but some of my customers whom I've been gardening for, many many years are of an age & polite disposition that they don't want to choose a tree or bucket. 🙂

I think I have read some of your saga on a woodlands site ....from memory you have been in a long protracted battle with planners and  residential neighbours for ages over just about everything and if I remember correctly you have a very tiny woodland , so in reality this makes it very difficult to  justify your sheds , loo etc for the amount of "forestry " work you are undertaking .

10 hours ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Offer to send them samples of output from the compost loo and comparable samples that have not benefitted from composting and ask them which they’d prefer. 

Make sure to send samples to PC as well. 

Brilliant!