Srt/Drt rope

Hi all,

I’ve recently cut my 45m blue cougar (sad times :’( ) and have been searching for a 60m rope which I can use for srt and drt, really loved that rope but found it had a bit too much bounce any recommendations would be fab! 

The device I climb with is an akimbo 

Cheers 🤙

i had non ce cougar blue for a while and liked it, iam now on tefelburger x static,

as the name says its low bounce, it runs through my bulldog bone much better than the cougar did, so i love it on that front.

the downside for me is the lack of eye splice and the fact it doesnt knot very well, plus it seems hard to grip for accencts.

i got a 60m length, iam happy enough with it overall, although i may get a short eye splice rope for drt trees.

• 4 weeks later...

I’ve got a 60m length of courant squire v2 that I use for srt, bigger trees etc. Tried it ddrt for the first time a couple weeks ago and really liked it, being a static rope means less bounce if it’s doubled over a long distance (if you like that). Would like a spliced eye on one end but Im sure someone who knows what they’re doing can sort this. Only downside is it’s skinny so harder to grip & pull🤷‍♂️

• Like 1