Getting rid of ivy!!

john87

23 hours ago, john87 said:

Can i just point out, that REGARDLESS of one's opinion of the argument that JC would seek to advance, personal attacks merely serve to both demean the attacker, amd more importantly, demean the forum itself..

What conclusions would a visitor gain concerning the professionalism of the collective members of this forum, having read some of the comments posted??

If you cannot say anything nice, or at least express disagreement nicely, far better to say nothing at all..

john..

Thanks John. You should replace the current administrators. Perhaps the site administrators and moderators could use this thread as a lesson on the  sort of behaviour that brings shame on all involved…the disrespectful contributor, their general support contributors, the administration, and finally the entire forum. There as real danger to outside visitors not used to such behaviour and if allowed to continue and escalate can be potentially very dangerous. 
I have finally decided to disengage from this entire arborist community despite the friendly and respectful posts from the more mature contributors for whose help I have to thank. I have learned a lot about ivy in the last week or so, but a lot more about your forum community and in particular the administration. Failure to enforce their own forum guidelines and even tempted to join in in a backhanded way! Not a pleasant experience and I hope someone learns from this as much as I have. Enjoy and thanks to John. 

Edited by CambridgeJC
Corrections

1 hour ago, CambridgeJC said:

Thanks John. You should replace the current administrators. Perhaps the site administrators and moderators could use this thread as a lesson on the  sort of behaviour that brings shame on all involved…the disrespectful contributor, their general support contributors, the administration, and finally the entire forum. There as real danger to outside visitors not used to such behaviour and if allowed to continue and escalate can be potentially very dangerous. 
I have finally decided to disengage from this entire arborist community despite the friendly and respectful posts from the more mature contributors for whose help I have to thank. I have learned a lot about ivy in the last week or so, but a lot more about your forum community and in particular the administration. Failure to enforce their own forum guidelines and even tempted to join in in a backhanded way! Not a pleasant experience and I hope someone learns from this as much as I have. Enjoy and thanks to John. 

The entire forum ? That would include me . Although I do not necessarily agree with you in total I have put forward some examples to counter your argument in a respectful way . its no biggie but I don't think you should include the " entire forum "  in your rebuke .

1 minute ago, Stubby said:

The entire forum ? That would include me . Although I do not necessarily agree with you in total I have put forward some examples to counter your argument in a respectful way . its no biggie but I don't think you should include the " entire forum "  in your rebuke .

I wouldn’t worry Stubby - this guy is clearly a troll looking for attention. Strange MO but the internet is full of weird and wonderful characters. 

• Like 3

Just now, monkeybusiness said:

I wouldn’t worry Stubby - this guy is clearly a troll looking for attention. Strange MO but the internet is full of weird and wonderful characters. 

Not worried Monkey . Just a point to mention . 👍

3 hours ago, CambridgeJC said:

The only thing i,ve learned from all this is the forum does NOT need people like you,it is a good place with some great characters and to have someone like you come along and think you are Mr high and mighty will not wash.As for the administrator you refer to(Mr Bullman),i think you are very wrong,he,s a good guy and runs a good show here but does not tolerate fools and trolls.Only thing left to say is see ya🙋‍♂️

• Like 2