Felled Trees around the Oxfordshire Area

Theo18

Hello,

If anyone has any recently felled trees that have been left decomposing on flora in the Oxfordshire area please let me know. These felled trees should be less than a year old (nothing too rotten), less than 80cm in diameter and accessible by wheelbarrow. I would be willing to pay a small fee of around £5-£20 per month as a site access fee (depending on wood availability, wood species and distance at your site) and would be very quiet with my battery chainsaw and axe. I would especially like to hear from farmers or anyone with small patches of woodland. It goes without saying that you must be the landowner to grant me permission to the wood site.

Regards,

Theo

7 hours ago, Theo18 said:

Hello,

If anyone has any recently felled trees that have been left decomposing on flora in the Oxfordshire area please let me know. These felled trees should be less than a year old (nothing too rotten), less than 80cm in diameter and accessible by wheelbarrow. I would be willing to pay a small fee of around £5-£20 per month as a site access fee (depending on wood availability, wood species and distance at your site) and would be very quiet with my battery chainsaw and axe. I would especially like to hear from farmers or anyone with small patches of woodland. It goes without saying that you must be the landowner to grant me permission to the wood site.

Regards,

Theo

Hi Theo, is it firewood for your own use you are looking for? If so, you could try approaching a local Tree Surgeon to ask, and register yourself as a tip site on here.

https://arbtalk.co.uk/recycling 

Hi Doug, 

The firewood is for personal use and  for my mum who relies on firewood to some extent. I have set up a tip site now. However, I know that some Tree Surgeons leave the wood where they've sawn it,so I thought I would pose the question on here just in case a Tree Surgeon had left wood anywhere in Oxfordshire.

Regards,

Theo

9 hours ago, Theo18 said:

Hi Doug, 

The firewood is for personal use and  for my mum who relies on firewood to some extent. I have set up a tip site now. However, I know that some Tree Surgeons leave the wood where they've sawn it,so I thought I would pose the question on here just in case a Tree Surgeon had left wood anywhere in Oxfordshire.

Regards,

Theo

At one time I was reliant on firewood too (before I did tree work), got everything I used by going round farms and landowners and asking directly. Most were happy to help.

Hopefully being a tip site will pay off for you anyway, all the best.

7 hours ago, Will C said:

Speak to your local tree teams when the truck is full and the customer wants the site cleared, someone like you that collect a load can be a god send however this is normally short notice. 

Thanks for your advice Will C. I have contacted a few local tree surgeons, so hopefully they will reply.

4 minutes ago, Doug Tait said:

At one time I was reliant on firewood too (before I did tree work), got everything I used by going round farms and landowners and asking directly. Most were happy to help.

Hopefully being a tip site will pay off for you anyway, all the best.

Yeah I might try that. Hopefully they're just as helpful in the Scottish Borders as they are in Oxfordshire.

• Like 1