Ms 200t problems not staying running and barely idles and revs high then cuts out

Lumberjackmike767

22 hours ago, Lumberjackmike767 said:

Hello I was wondering if anyone could help I have a old ms200t I brought a while ago it starts but cuts out and bogs I was just wondering if anyone new what to look for or if there was anywhere close to hitchin I could send it ? Thanks in advance 

Could be any number of things .  The little gauze filter in the carb blocked possibly . Impuls line detatched / split etc etc ...Also you might get more suggestions if the title of your thread was something like . .. "200t problems " or similar rather than just your user name .  Spud will have a list of things to check if he spots your thread .

Edited by Stubby

3 hours ago, spudulike said:

Who do you work for? I am taking it that you are Hitchin in Herts?

I am asking as you are local to me!

I use to work for dave at langley logs I believe I have met you a few times before and I contacted you a while back about my last employers saws but managed to lose your number and never got back to you which I apologise for, I now work for thors trees in potters bar. However the 200t is is my personal saw I brought to tinker with. 

3 hours ago, Stubby said:

Could be any number of things .  The little gauze filter in the carb blocked possibly . Impuls line detatched / split etc etc ...Also you might get more suggestions if the title of your thread was something like . .. "200t problems " or similar rather than just your user name .  Spud will have a list of things to check if he spots your thread .

Sorry it was my first ever post thanks for letting me know and when I disassembled my carb, the gauze wasn't there

8 hours ago, Lumberjackmike767 said:

Sorry it was my first ever post thanks for letting me know and when I disassembled my carb, the gauze wasn't there

No apology needed matey . Just trying to help . looks like spud might help if you are near him .

10 hours ago, Lumberjackmike767 said:

.... when I disassembled my carb, the gauze wasn't there

oh good, someone's been in there already,  messed with it....not in a good way. That will need a thorough going through (or new carb). A bit of luck with location 👍 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Lumberjackmike767 said:

I use to work for dave at langley logs I believe I have met you a few times before and I contacted you a while back about my last employers saws but managed to lose your number and never got back to you which I apologise for, I now work for thors trees in potters bar. However the 200t is is my personal saw I brought to tinker with. 

OK, yes, I remember, I think you picked up the 280 and the 461 that I split and did the crank on.

Just PM me if you want it done. It is probably the carb and I fix the vast majority of them. 

It would probably benefit from a full rebuild but choice is yours. Just PM me if interested.

4 hours ago, Lumberjackmike767 said:

I know the thing is its still the original carb with the accelrator pump 

New genuine wouId have accel pump too...

If you want to keep the original carb,  take it to Spud, best person to get it back to original spec and test it. Plenty of advice on here but you might end up chasing your tail if you're not familiar with it or dont have vauuum / pressure test eqpt.