Am i just Victor Meldrew?

neiln

If any laws are being broken it seems likely the local council would need to take action. But they would also seem to be the people responsible for the works so it seems unlikely they would do much.

I think your only chance would be to get more local people to object, although if they send their children to the school they may be supportive of the works.

Any bats about...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, neiln said:

there is no gate, no dropped curb,no pass over, this is not an entrance.  they've taken some fencing down and entered.

Generally the highway extends over the verge so if  their land is adjacent to the verge they can do it, driving over a kerb or a sidewalk is unlawful subject to byelaws but it is likely to be an offence against the highway authority rather than anything else

really?  I used to own a house with a footpath down the side and remember my conveyancing solicitor  telling me i didn't have right of access from that path, so don't put a gate in.  similarly my parents had a corner plot house once, and don't beleive they had right of access to the road along the side, only the front

1 hour ago, neiln said:

So I then contacted the council, but given they will be incredibly slow to respond in all probability

I find the Croydon tree team very good; 9 times out of 10 I get same day response to TPO/CA checks

• Like 1

Burning green waste on the site it is produced is legal, subject to registering for an EA exemption. Very surprised to see this happening on a school job, but I do remember having the fire brigade out to a small fire we had on

a school job maybe ten years ago 😂

• Like 2

thanks doobin, its clear from my phone call they have no exemption.

Who ever called the fire service went too fr in my view, ground is well wet after recent rain which was utterly biblical in showers this afternoon.  Although a bonfire as tall as the digger used to pile it up and stoke it, and wider, and plumes of smoke well over the nearest houses was wrong, it wasn't a risk to property or life.  That said, as my station officer brother said, LFB will have put out far smaller.