Faulty blade bolts...

john87

7 minutes ago, Gareth Phoenix said:

Hi John. as I have commented on a personal email to you I will gladly send the replacement bolts to you and we are doing an investigation into the remaining stock from that batch for any unusual items in it . I apologise on behalf of Timberwolf and will be forwarding your remarks on to them. Gareth of Green Plant UK

For the benefit of everyone on this forum can i just say that Gareth of Green Plant UK has been very helpful and the blame lies fairly and squarely with Timberwolf, who cannot even be bothered to answer emails. They would answer quickly enough if i said i wanted to buy a new machine though, you can be sure of that..

Cannot wait to hear the response from Timberwolf.. This i have got to hear..

john..

Edited by john87
Additions

1 hour ago, Mick Dempsey said:

Jeez, talk about going off too early! One little mistake or non reply and all of a sudden we’re in Watchdog territory.

Calm the fook down

Eh???? What you mean "going off early" ????? or "one little mistake" ????

YOU would be the FIRST to scream if your chipper exploded in your face. I pointed out perfectly validly that there is a SERIOUS problem with the bolts but they apparently do not care. They want to count themselves lucky i do not inform the HSE.. Ever seen rotating machinery explode?? I have, and it is something you do not want to see..

john..

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, john87 said:

YOU would be the FIRST to scream if your chipper exploded in your face. I pointed out perfectly validly that there is a SERIOUS problem with the bolts but they apparently do not care. They want to count themselves lucky i do not inform the HSE.. Ever seen rotating machinery explode?? I have, and it is something you do not want to see..

john..

Give over you don't know what treatment the machine or bolt had before you.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, john87 said:

john..

Mate.. you had a broken bolt. Chill the f**k out. Your machine didn't even fail in any way. It snapped on tightening.

Talk about blowing it out of proportion.

Edited by Moose McAlpine
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, openspaceman said:

Give over you don't know what treatment the machine or bolt had before you.

Thing is, i do. I also know a fair bit about, metallurgy and materials technology..

Something like a bolt, if overloaded, would usually fail in a plastic manner, it would stretch, neck off and then fail.

For a bolt to fail in a brittle manner, complete with a pre-existing crack perpendicular to the applied stress [it can be seen the crack was pre-existing as you can clearly see the products of corrosion within the cross sectional area of the core of the bolt would suggest corrosion fatigue..

john..