Faulty blade bolts...

john87

42 minutes ago, john87 said:

When you say about setting the anvil. Why is it that timberwolf say to return the machine to them for them to fit a new anvil.. What is so hard about fitting one??

Sorry I don't know, I have used the old 150DHB but never been involved with maintenance, @aspenarb does his own so he may know.

PS I have just looked back and see yours is a mini chipper with gravity feed so Bob probably has not dealt with one either.

Edited by openspaceman
added post script
  • Like 1

Hi John, I think you got the bolts from us at Green Plant UK via our web shop. If you have had any issue with the bolts I will gladly replace them for you. We source them only from Timberwolf themselves due to the importance of such an item, so if there is an issue Timberwolf will want to do an urgent quality test on them. Please return your problem bolts to us and I will put a claim in on your behalf to Timberwolf. Gareth of Green Plant UK 01483 235111

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Gareth Phoenix said:

Hi John, I think you got the bolts from us at Green Plant UK via our web shop. If you have had any issue with the bolts I will gladly replace them for you. We source them only from Timberwolf themselves due to the importance of such an item, so if there is an issue Timberwolf will want to do an urgent quality test on them. Please return your problem bolts to us and I will put a claim in on your behalf to Timberwolf. Gareth of Green Plant UK 01483 235111

@Gareth Phoenix I think the bolt that broke was an original one, he might have bought some since to replace them.

You didn't answer why the anvil replacement is a return to dealer job?

43 minutes ago, Gareth Phoenix said:

Hi Gareth,

Thanks for helping..

As you say, these bolts are extremely important. I emailed Timberwolf themselves about this, but they never even responded, total waste of time..

Now, the original problem, was that i went to fit a new blade to my machine. It was still fitted with the blade that came from the factory, it had never been removed..

Ok, so i went to fit the spare blade and when i went to tighten the bolts, the second one i went to fit, snapped at a very low torque..

I examined the bolt and you can clearly see that there is some sort of fatigue related problem. Have a look at the crescent shaped mark where corrosion has started at what was obviously a crack in the bolt.. See photos below.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

Ok, so next thing, since Timberwolf had failed to help or answer in any way, i thought i might as well send off for a spare blade and bolt set, and another two sets of spare bolts as well, fifteen bolts in all..

Ok, so blade arrives and is fine, but i got a mixture of bolts.. Four were obviously the low headed bolts that Timberwolf supply, whilst the other eleven were ordinary bolts and somewhat shorter too..

See photos below..

4.JPG

5.JPG

So what was i to think?? Had i been sent the wrong bolts?? Have Timberwolf changed the design?? No idea..

Given the importance of these bolts i have no idea what to do now for the best..

Thank you for helping as you and your firm have been a lot more help than Timberwolf themselves who i am VERY disappointed with, they are completely useless as far as i am concerned and could not even be bothered to reply to my email.

They would reply quickly enough if i said i wanted to buy a new machine..

Thank you

john..

hi , openspaceman. I am in communication with John to resolve the bolt issue. The anvil to a dealership advice will be based on the support that a fully qualified Timberwolf technician could also look over any machine for any other potential problems with it. I don't think its a declaration that it cannot be done by anyone other than a dealership it is just a recommendation. There are many very competent folk out there that are highly capable of this job and we are very grateful to have them as our valued customers. Gareth of Green Plant UK.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1