Boardwalk structural engineer

pyro

10 hours ago, pyro said:

Hey folks,

Not quite sure where to put this, so here it goes!

I am in the process of designing and ultimately building a boardwalk in an Arboretum.
I've just been informed by out H&S manager that our insurance company needs a structural engineers report on the design prior to building, (along with a potential inspection mid construction and then being signed off) The Boardwalk is 60m long and the walking surface is 300mm~ from the ground, hand rails etc.

Has anyone encountered anything like this before, or have any advice? I started as a draftsman/engineer so I'm confident in my design, but obviously this doesnt tick the H&S box!

Thanks

Ben

Tell the H&S manager that you have no objection to him getting an engineers report, fill your boots and once he has it organised, give you a shout and you will get it built.😀

As a wise man once said to me there is two types of people in the world, reporters and sorters and only one of them is productive.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, roys said:

Tell the H&S manager that you have no objection to him getting an engineers report, fill your boots and once he has it organised, give you a shout and you will get it built.😀

As a wise man once said to me there is two types of people in the world, reporters and sorters and only one of them is productive.

The H&S manager is excellent at delegation! Because I've been given lead on this project, (I can't remain a lacky forever and need full project management experience!) It's my job to source said report and advice.

Ben