Giant tree, giant crack!!

john87

8 minutes ago, john87 said:

Play nicely now boys!!!

I had never thought of bats to be honest...

john..

Ahhh, I see the problem!

You posted a pic on the tinterweb and asked for opinions - fatal! 😂

You could go full Jeremy Barrell on its ass and take the whole top off or you could go Acer Ventura and take a more measured approach. 

Wither way, you’ll likely get opinions at both ends of the spectrum and everything in between thus probably advancing your own decision making by something akin to moving General Melchet’s drinks cabinet 3 inches closer to Berlin. 

The pantomime may provide some entertainment though 😂

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Ahhh, I see the problem!

You posted a pic on the tinterweb and asked for opinions - fatal! 😂

You could go full Jeremy Barrell on its ass and take the whole top off or you could go Acer Ventura and take a more measured approach. 

Wither way, you’ll likely get opinions at both ends of the spectrum and everything in between thus probably advancing your own decision making by something akin to moving General Melchet’s drinks cabinet 3 inches closer to Berlin. 

The pantomime may provide some entertainment though 😂

You could be more correct than you know Kev,  but am gonna hang on to my rigging kit in the loft just incase 😉  K

[Take] your corporate shitehawkery to an industry that's already full of it. Maybe building snagging or insurance sales.

MOT testing. You can drone on about excessive corrosion within 30cm of prescribed areas and people will have to listen. And it’s state sponsored so should fit well with your current working ethos of doing nothing actually productive.
  • Haha 1

MOT testing. You can drone on about excessive corrosion within 30cm of prescribed areas and people will have to listen. And it’s state sponsored so should fit well with your current working ethos of doing nothing actually productive.
Why rip into someone straight away when you disagree with them. Why not just make your points in a more reasonable manner? Have a wee jokey dig if you must.

This kind of thing is bad for the whole site, the OP isn't a professional arb, others see this and either won't post in case they get ripped to shreds or think that this is OK too. I think we are better than this.

Maybes I'm wrong and this then isn't the place for me, although I've been on here a while and learnt loads from it.

Cedar trees shed limbs anyway (storms, snow, just cos they feel like it) the crack looks old to me. I tell my clients not to park under these trees or put stuff underneath like swings for kids.

Jan.
  • Like 7

I agree 100% with mick on dead wooding them , the fracture looks about the same age as the previous pruning..if it was my spec job I would reduce that limb taking off most of the upright section... don't remove it ! if you can find a decent Arb to do a light reduction on the rest of the crown at the same time it would not go a miss.

17 minutes ago, jfc said:

Cedar trees shed limbs anyway (storms, snow, just cos they feel like it) the crack looks old to me. I tell my clients not to park under these trees or put stuff underneath like swings for kids.

I thought the split next to the trunk seemed old at least.

And as a customer I would like to know about the possibility of bats, although I admit I prefer bats to neighbours.

Edited by Paul in the woods
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, jfc said:

Why rip into someone straight away when you disagree with them. Why not just make your points in a more reasonable manner? Have a wee jokey dig if you must.

This kind of thing is bad for the whole site, the OP isn't a professional arb, others see this and either won't post in case they get ripped to shreds or think that this is OK too. I think we are better than this.

Maybes I'm wrong and this then isn't the place for me, although I've been on here a while and learnt loads from it.

Jan.

I felt it was entirely justified. 

• Like 2