Value of nearly new work vehicles

Big J

I know what almost all of my work is between now and the end of the year. Most of it is fairly close to home and I'll be selling the van in 11 months anyway. 

A couple of old Volvo XC70 estates will set me back £3-4k but I've got potentially £21k sat in the Touareg and Berlingo. 

It's mad how the market has fluctuated so much, but the parts shortages don't seem to be showing any signs of improving. It's mainly microchips, I'm told.

11 minutes ago, Big J said:

I know what almost all of my work is between now and the end of the year. Most of it is fairly close to home and I'll be selling the van in 11 months anyway. 

A couple of old Volvo XC70 estates will set me back £3-4k but I've got potentially £21k sat in the Touareg and Berlingo. 

It's mad how the market has fluctuated so much, but the parts shortages don't seem to be showing any signs of improving. It's mainly microchips, I'm told.

There's a massive microchip shortage. My brother works in that sector and he suggests that it's looking pretty turbulent. If you're thinking of upgrading a PC, now isn't a bad time to do it.

• Like 1

I think to be fair you should be calmly driving a Volvo anyway if you're going to Sweden, no good riding around in a French van.
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, devon TWiG said:

seems you are quids in .....thanks to brexit !!!!!!!!!😂 

It goes a teenie weenie way towards making up for the money I lost importing from Scandinavia after 2016 on the crappy exchange rate :D

• Like 1

On 25/07/2021 at 08:05, difflock said:

Perplexing that housing in Sweden can be so downright cheap, 300m2 for 80k after renovation, 

with their high labour costs, how can that be possible, since presumably timber, plumbing materials and electrial products cannot be cheap either.

The land the house sits on being the only cheap component of the entire build costs.

mth.

New builds arent that cheap, location plays the biggest part in prices.

Within an hour of a major city/financial bubble prices are "high" (but not UK high!)

Renovation costs, the tax agency pays 30-50% of the labour costs up to roughly 8k/person/year. 

Green energy, 50% of labour and material upto 5k per person/year

Jonathan being a newcommer might needs to live here and pay tax before taxing advantages of the above though, not sure but might need a years tax paying before he's eligible?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Mark J said:

There's a massive microchip shortage. My brother works in that sector and he suggests that it's looking pretty turbulent. If you're thinking of upgrading a PC, now isn't a bad time to do it.

That' because they have all been put in the vaccines and are now floating around our bodies , according to some anyway 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 4