Value of nearly new work vehicles

Big J

3 hours ago, Big J said:

I was chatting to the chap at the Citroen garage about the value of my 2 year old Berlingo the other day. I was just curious to see what it's likely value might be in a year.

Anyway, it turns out that there is a massive delay for new vehicles, with new Berlingo orders scheduled for a Christmas build and new Dispatch scheduled for March. Consequently, 2nd hand values have shot up, especially for nearly new vans.

Looking online, it would appear that my 2 year old , 36k mile Berlingo is worth only a couple of grand less than I payed for it. It's a rare spec with the highest power output and loads and loads of extras.

We might be purchasing a house in Sweden in October and all cash is useful. Would you gamble on the prices still being high in 10-12 months time (when I'd otherwise sell it) , or would you sell up now and run an older vehicle until then? How long will the production delays last? Anyone any experience in other related industries? 

Given that production delays are making life difficult for lots of people in lots of industries, I'm inclined to try to capitalise on what I can.

Bit of a no brainer get shot while prices are high and its not like your wasting money buying a house out of the proceeds is it.

• Like 1

Perplexing that housing in Sweden can be so downright cheap, 300m2 for 80k after renovation, 

with their high labour costs, how can that be possible, since presumably timber, plumbing materials and electrial products cannot be cheap either.

The land the house sits on being the only cheap component of the entire build costs.

mth.

to add, wor daughter bought a van privately for 7k about a year ago, and it is now valued by "webuyanyvan" for 11k ish.

Quite mad(and I know she will not get the 11k valuation from wbav  .  .  . because) but still inditictive.

She IS going to sell it btw.

Edited by difflock
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Woodworks said:

Changing vehicles is always expense IME plus a load of hassle. I would hang in there and hope 

16 hours ago, monkeybusiness said:

I’d flog it now if you don’t really need it - they won’t go up any more and in reality I reckon all vehicle values are due to crash soon…

15 hours ago, Big J said:

Oooh, two conflicting bits of advice - which one to go with?? 😄

Cherry pick both 😂

It's settled. 

I'll get it properly valeted next week (for the first time ever), take lots of nice photos and advertise it for a slightly silly price. It's a one off spec, and ideally suited for someone who wants a fast, comfortable runabout with the ability to go off road a bit.

• Like 6